𝟒| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

CHAPTER FOUR:

THE CEREMONY

THREE MONTHS HAD PASSED

The brightness of the moonlight was shining down on the many living things on the planet of Pandora as the nighttime sky was up and out for the time being, the Na'vi and the human beings on the makeshift base they had made years and years ago sleeping soundly for a couple hours before they'd have to wake up and do the stuff they did in their daily lives.

Jake had learned much more stuff about the Na'vi and how to live like them throughout the months they had been staying in the bunker. He learned how to make a bond with the animals, to speak the language they speak, how to hunt like them, and he had gotten his own banshee after creating a bond with the animal using his queue at the end of his long braid that always dangled behind the Na'vis back and the animal's queue that always belonged on any of the creatures' antennae's by their heads.

Inside the shack where the group had been staying at, Y/n could be seen in the kitchen area of the bunker as she finished drinking up some of the water she had gotten after not being able to sleep for the night. Everyone else were sleeping soundly in their beds, Grace having gone to bed a bit later than everyone else since she was working on something.

Just a couple hours ago, she had been in her avatar body since Jake had been able to convince the leaders of the Omaticaya clan to let Grace and Y/n into their village where the children were very fond of both of them.

The teenager looks towards the pods when she heard one of them open, revealing Jake laying inside as he had just gotten out of his avatar body and back into his human one. The man looks up at his niece while sitting up, silently wondering why she was currently awake quite late at night.

"Why are you up, kiddo?" Jake questions curiously, pulling himself out of the pod and into his chair.

Y/n sighs, sitting down at the table. "I couldn't sleep."

"That seems to be happening a lot lately." Jake points out, stopping at the end of the table once his legs were down and out of the pod. "Are you alright, sweetheart? It seems like there's been something bothering you lately."

"I've just been thinking about my dad... I guess." Y/n admits quietly, looking down at her lap. "I think he would've really liked it here. He probably would've found the beauty in the Na'vi and just Pandora all together."

Jake smiles sadly, placing his hand on hers soothingly. "I bet he would've as well."

There was a comfortable silence between the two, other than the sounds of the quiet sniffles coming from the teenage girl as they sat there together, neither of them saying a word. While the pad of his thumb caressed her hand, Jake glanced down when he caught sight of a familiar string bracelet wrapped around her wrist, the familiar letters that spelt out his brother's name, Tommy. His head tilts to the side as he stares at the bracelet on his niece's wrists, eyes squinting curiously.

"Where'd you get that?" Jake asks softly, making her follow his gaze.

"Oh, dad gave it to me not too long before he died. He said you had a matching one with your name on it." Y/n recalls.

Jake nods, glancing around the bunker. "Yeah, I do. It's somewhere around here."

While he tried to think of where he had put it, remembering that he did bring it with him when he went to Pandora even if he hasn't worn it ever since he was a teenager, Y/n was staring down at her hands, feeling her e/c eyes water as she thought of something she had been wondering ever since she was in her pre-teen years and when Jake had the incident involving in the state he was currently in.

"Why didn't you ever contact me after your incident? Or even after my dad died?" Y/n questions with a sniffle. "I've never even known my mom, and I was all by myself. I thought you'd at least wanna see me, and we could've been there for each other."

Jake sighs with a frown, dropping his head a bit. "I was scared. When you were a kid, you told me all the time how I was your hero. You even asked me to come to your school for those little job explaining things, and I did come. You know, your father always told me about how much you looked up to me since you told him quite a bit. I think he might've been jealous. After I lost the feeling in my legs, I was scared to see you. I thought that once you saw me like this, you wouldn't think of me as your hero anymore. I thought you wouldn't look up to me like you used to when you were little. I'm sorry I wasn't there, kiddo. I wanted to be... I was just... I was scared."

As he was explaining his reason, Y/n had been listening to his words with a deep frown etched onto her face, letting some tears fall as she sniffles. By the time he had finished, tears laid in the man's eyes just as his niece's arms wrapped around his neck and shoulders as she leaned forward a bit to actually hug him. Immediately, Jake hugged her right back and held his niece close to her while they sat in silence.

"You still are my hero. You always have been." Y/n whispers.

At this, Jake sighs while holding her more tightly, freely letting the tears flow down his cheeks while they still held their arms wrapped around one another. And as the uncle and niece held one another tightly, Jake could only think of his brother watching them from up above with a smile on his face.

* * *

It was late in the afternoon on the planet of Pandora, the bright yellow sun that always shined down on the Omaticaya clan and the many other living things living on the much larger planet slowly beginning to set as the evening was coming to the Na'vi and the many other creatures on the planet. The Omaticaya clan could be seen around their home as they waited for the ceremony to welcome their new clan member in.

Within the crowd, Y/n found herself playing with some of the children, their laughter being heard. However, that stopped when her eyes landed on her uncle walking out from behind the large tree, white pain laying all over his face and body that Neytiri had put on him. The children had rushed to their parents while Y/n ventured towards Grace, stopping beside the woman.

Jake found himself looking around at the crowd until his eyes landed on his niece, watching as she gave him a small smile, to which he smiled back before he was walking down and towards the crowd. Y/n and Grace stood a bit behind the crowd as Jake now stood in front of the two leaders, Eytukan and Mo'at, while Neytiri stood a bit by his side with her betrothed, Tsu'tey just standing behind the Sully man.

Grace smiled as she recalled the first time she had ever met Jake, remembering that he had known nothing about the Omaticaya clan or the Na'vi or Pandora in general, and now here he was, being welcomed and becoming a member of the Omaticaya clan months and months after. Y/n smiled as she noticed that Neytiri had been staring at her uncle with a small smile.

"Ngenga 'itan Omatikayaa luyu set. Na'viya luyu hapxi." Eytukan announces in Na'vi.
(You are now a son of the Omaticaya. You are part of the People)

Once he finished, he placed his hands on Jake's shoulders, followed by Neytiri who placed her hands on Jake's arms, causing him to look at her with a small smile. Everyone else followed in suit, the Na'vi closest to the man touching his shoulders or arms while the ones behind them touched the ones in front of them.

At the back, Grace felt tears in her eyes at the peaceful moment and the interaction between Jake and the clan while wrapping an arm around the teenager beside her. Smiling as she watched, Y/n wrapped her arm around the doctor's torso, resting her head on her shoulder.