𝟗| 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER NINE:

SWITCHING BODIES

IT WAS BRIGHT outside all around the planet called Pandora, the sun high up in the usual bright blue sky as it shined down on the many living things all around on the very large planet full of the Na'vi and the many other living creatures around i...

IT WAS BRIGHT outside all around the planet called Pandora, the sun high up in the usual bright blue sky as it shined down on the many living things all around on the very large planet full of the Na'vi and the many other living creatures around in the forest.

About a day or so had gone by since the big battle in the forest against the Na'vi and the sky people, and the Omaticaya people had taken over, despite the dislikes of that from the humans as they hadn't even bothered to fight back once again against the Na'vi, knowing that they'd lose again.

The sounds of roars coming from the banshees could be heard as the said animals flew around the base that had once been full of the sky people, some Omaticaya people sitting on their animals.

A line of sky people could be seen with their masks on their faces, bags in their arms as they ventured in the direction of the ships and to head back to their poor planet. On the sidelines, the Na'vi could be seen with their weapons in their hands while they kept an eye on the humans, making sure they didn't try anything.

Y/n found herself standing beside her uncle, gun in hand while Neytiri stood on the other side of Jake, Norm and Max on her other side. Some of the other Omaticaya people were sitting on their direhorses as they glared at the sky people while banshees could be seen flying above in the background, their roaring sounds being heard in everyone's eardrums.

"The aliens went back to their dying world. Only a few were chosen to stay."

Holding a blank expression on her face, Y/n glanced around at the crowd of people before she made eye contact with a familiar man. Selfridge held a blank expression on his face as he had his hands calmly in his pockets while he had been looking at the group of people that were staying before he had looked at the teenager in her avatar body.

Staring back, the teenage girl narrowed her eyes on him in a glare as Jake soon noticed his niece was glaring at the man. When he made eye contact with Selfridge, he only moved his head in the direction of the ship, silently motioning for him and the others to hurry on up.

"The time of great sorrow was ending. Toruk Makto was no longer needed."

* * *

The science labs were empty, no doctors or scientists being seen anywhere as it was a bit darker than usual, the screens all around still on with words and pictures being seen on it but the two people inside didn't pay any mind to that. Inside the one out of the many rooms where all the pods were, Jake found himself sitting in his wheelchair as he looked around at the pods, taking notice that the sun was going down.

Just in a couple hours, he wouldn't need to get into these pods to be in his avatar body for the rest of his life. Wheeling himself over to the camera he had been speaking to ever since he got to Pandora, he reaches over and turns it on, resting his elbows on the desk.

"Well, I guess this is my last video log. Cause whatever happens tonight, either way, I'm..." Jake begins, stopping to look around the lab. "I'm not gonna be coming back to this place."

"Uncle Jake!" A voice calls out.

Looking over his shoulder, Jake smiles as he watches his niece walk in, her eyes soon stopping on him as she had been looking for him. When she gave him a look, he knew that it was time to go so they wouldn't be late. Nodding a bit, he gestured for her to come over, to which she does so and crouched down a bit so the camera could see her face, seeing herself on the screen beside them. Jake wraps an arm around his niece's shoulders, pressing a kiss to her head.

"Well, I guess I'd better go." Jake continues to the camera before looking at his niece. "We don't wanna be late for our own party."

Y/n nods, chuckling. "Yeah, it's our birthday, after all."

Jake smiles as he looks back to the camera. "This is Jake and Y/n Sully signing off."

With that, he reached over and turned the camera off, leaving the uncle and niece to look at one another with smiles on their faces. Standing up from her crouched position, Y/n grabs ahold of the back of his wheelchair as she leads them to the exit. When they reached it, she stopped as they both looked behind their shoulders at the room, the good memories coming back to them before they walked out.

* * *

The only light being seen all around the forest was the lights coming from the ground and the Tree of Souls, the sounds of nature coming from the many different types of animals all around and the chanting coming from the Omaticaya people.

The creatures around in the forest were running around with their families, doing what they usually did underneath the nighttime sky with the brightness of the moonlight shining down on the many living things that were currently living on Pandora.

The wind was blowing around, causing the leaves on the trees to move in the same direction the air was hitting it towards, causing them to rumble around together whenever they made contact.

The Omaticaya clan could be seen sitting with their legs crossed, top of their bodies rolling around as they chanted with their spiritual leader. Up at the front closer to the Tree of Souls, Y/n found herself permanently in her avatar as she had gone before Jake with Neytiri right beside her while they sat near Jake's human form, his avatar body right beside them.

The plants beneath the two bodies had wrapped around them as they continued the transfer of Jake going into his avatar body permanently like they had done to his niece just before him. After a couple seconds, Neytiri and Y/n looked at one another before Neytiri called out to her mother.

"Lu hasey." Mo'at announces.

All the chanting came to a stop, their bodies staying still while they looked forward, their curious gazes watching to see if it had worked or not. Y/n reached down and took the mask off of her uncle's face, watching as Neytiri leaned down and pressed gentle kisses to her mate's eyelids.

The teenager stood to her feet, moving to her uncle's avatar form with Neytiri right behind her. While both females leaned over him, Neytiri reached up and placed a hand on the side of his face as Y/n had her hand rested on his shoulder, waiting a couple seconds until it happened.

His eyes opened.