𝟕| 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER SEVEN:

LOSING A MOTHER

IT WAS QUIET in one area of the base that had the sky people all around it, the many doctors and scientists walking around as they continued doing their work and also packing stuff for the time being

The soldiers all held smiles on their faces after what they had done to the Omaticaya clan's sacred Hometree, leaving the entire forest up in flames and smoke that was flowing upwards and into the usual bright blue sky that was now darker than usual, the sun currently hiding behind the clouds.

A couple hours had passed since Hometree had been destroyed by the sky people and the group had been brought out of their avatar bodies without a warning, just like what happened about a day ago when they were in the pods at the shack they had been staying at for a while.

The group of four could be seen in a glass cell with holes lodged into the glass so they could heard and speak to the people on the other side. Y/n sat on the floor, elbows pressed to her knees as she rested her head in her hands while her uncle sat across from her in his wheelchair, his back facing the cell.

Grace and Norm sat across from one another on the seats, none of them saying a word. Outside of the cell, a soldier sat at the desk while staring at the computer, having been assigned to keep watch on them. Neither of them heard the sound of wheels as Trudy wheeled a food cart inside when the soldier had opened up the other glass doors.

"What's going on, brother? Long time no see." Trudy greets, catching their attention. "Personally, I don't feel these tree-hugging traitors deserve steak."

"They get steak?" The soldier asks in disbelief, bending down to look. "That's bullshit. Let me see that."

Trudy ventures around the cart, reaching for her gun and aiming it at his head, making him freeze. "Yeah. You know what that is. Down. All the way down."

The groups eyes widened as they rose up to their feet, lining up at the glass as they watched the soldier move down to the floor with Trudy pushing him a bit before she slammed the gun on his head, knocking him out. Putting the weapon away, she calls out for their other friend just as Max was quickly rushing into the room, using his card to open up the cell.

With Trudy leading the way, gun in hand, the group were rushing down the hallway, Trudy and Norm soon going ahead to get the ship started while the others were going somewhere else to get everything they needed. When they got what they needed, they speeded in the direction where they ships were at, putting the masks on before they were leaving the base, Max staying behind so they had an eye on the inside.

The ship was already on as Y/n jumped up and into the back, grabbing ahold of her uncle's arms as Grace and Norm lifted him up and into the helicopter. The sound of gunshots soon echoed throughout the garage area, coming from Quaritch himself as Grace lifted Jake's wheelchair inside the ship, Norm grabbing ahold of it.