Sonic x reader how he asks you out

Y/n pov.

Its been a long day at work. I've been serving plates at the restaurant I work at and its been 1 heck of a day a Karen put her hands on me {aka punched me in the face] causing me to get physical and punch her 2 times as hard. She also tried to get me fired for giving her a concussion and sue me in the same day. I thank god that the cameras were working that day or i would have been screwed. 

Sonic had come into the restaurant I worked at and made my day slightly better by buying me a drink. He had said to meet him at the place where we met, green hill zone, and to wear my best  dress so here i am walking to the exact spot.

(This is the dress you're wearing) 

I started to think about Sonic's behaviour towards me lately. He's been more touchy and feely basically he's been giving me more hugs lately instead of usual high-fives. He's more close to me as in his face gets a bit too close to mine at times and when he notices it he backs off immediately when he notices turning away from he and moving onto another topic from me. 

Whenever I give him a pat on the head he originally said and i quote "i'm a hedgehog not a dog so stop" and i would reply with "too bad" using both my hands to pet him and he would just give up  and let me pet him but now he just blushes and doesn't say anything until i asked if he was a dog now cause he's letting me pet him and he would just say "shut up."

Now i'm almost there. i'll probably ask him why he's been so weird lately its not a bad weird i just find it cute. Wait did i just think he was cute? I mean sonic was handsome and I may or may not mention him in every conversation i've every been in but that doesn't mean I like him like that. Right?

My cheeks start to heat up. Damn it don't tell me i'm in love.

I arrive at the destination to see the blue blur and a picnic.

Sonic: so your finally here.

Y/n: yup, what's the picnic for?

Sonic: I'll tell you that later y/n but for now sit I have to run and grab something give me 5 minutes.

I sit down and wait and in 5 minutes he came back with his hands behind his back probably hiding something. 

Y/n: you going to tell me whats behind your back or do i have to grab it from you?

Sonic: no need here you go.

Sonic hands me a bouquet of roses and a small box.

Y/n: Oh wow these are beautiful! thank you!

Sonic: now open the box.

Y/N: okay?

I open the box and find a diamond necklace.

Y/n: oh my

Y/n: oh my. Thank you but what's this for? actually nevermind i wanted to ask you a question.

Sonic: sure

Y/n: why have you been acting so weird lately.

Sonic: what do you mean by weird?

Y/n: you've been more touch starved, you've been letting me get away with more things and you've been by my side everyday.

Sonic: i've never seen anyone so oblivious to my feelings before. Do I have to spell it out for you?

Y/n: yes.

Sonic: y/n i like you no I love you and I feel like it was obvious.

Y/n: when did you start liking me?

Sonic: when we first met, but my crush on you just got bigger so I tried making the first move but you never got it.

Y/n: sorry i never got it and thank you for the gifts. Honestly i thought your change in behaviour  was cute.

Sonic blushes.

Sonic: really?

Y/n: yup and also i reciprocate your feelings.

He ran to me and hugged me.

Sonic: you don't know how long i've wanted to here that.

Y/n: yes yes i love you too so don't squeeze me too tight.

Sonic: lets eat.

Y/n: okay but when are you going to take me out on a date?

Sonic: isn't this a date?

Y/n: yes but somewhere in the city.

Sonic: i'll take you next time.

Y/n: on the weekend cause i have work.

Sonic: then i'll spend everyday with you till then.