Chapter 10

It's been a week now. We have tried find any holes in Balzanos files but didn't succeed. It was getting me irritated. And in the other hand that jerk was trying to defend himself.

I felt two tiny hands being wrapped around my legs as I entered the home.

" Ma-Mama....mama....."  Wait!!

Did I just hear her calling me mama?

" Oh My God!!!" I screamed from the top of my lungs as I picked up my baby girl.

" You are scaring the little thing idiot! " Diego snapped.

Gosh....I was too excited to notice  that I screamed really loud. I mean who doesn't get excited when your baby  calls you mama for the first time....

I hugged Eli tightly. Her tiny arms were wrapped around neck. There is no way I'm going to put this precious soul at a risk no matter what.

My angle was asleep on my shoulder. I gently placed her in my bed and kissed her tiny forehead. Yeah....I don't  want to keep her in a separate room.

I couldn't sleep yet. I still had some leftover files to look after. I went downstairs where others were. My brothers and Diego were already waiting for me.

" Any progress princess ? "

" Not yet Dom. But something is off with Balzano family. Like it's not what we see...I don't know..."

" you mean like a secret member ? " Diego stepped in.

" maybe something like that. I'm not sure..."

" And I don't have any idea about stefano's wife returning..." I mumbled enough for them to hear.

" I find it odd too. They basically said mom and dad killed her and now....I really don't understand " Leo said agreeing with me.

" we will figure out. Now you all should go and sleep. "

Another hectic day. Today I didn't want to leave for work. I had to leave Eli with her 'uncle Leo' since Diego was out for a mission. I'm not sure what that idiotic twin my mine will do to my baby today. He is a complete crackhead.  Only relief I had was knowing that Diego would come home at noon. I pray my baby girl to be safe until he comes...

" Good morning Ro- I mean Ms. De Luca"

" morning Mr.Dantae "

My morning was all good until you showed up jerk...

We have being going through the reports of Balzanos for three ours now. Still nothing. This was getting on nerves now.

" How the fuck we are still on the same spot we began " I couldn't hold it anymore.

" maybe we should- "

Alex was cut off by a knock on the door.

I sighed and went to the door.

" who the fuck dared to- "

" M-Mama...." I was cut off by Eli's little voice while her hands were wrapped around my legs.

I froze on the spot. This can't happen. Alex was in my office and his jaw was on the floor.

I crouched down and picked her up.

" Listen sis, I know you are still working and I promised to take care of Eli today but this is urgent. Something has been messed up in the head office and Domenico need me there now. I'm sorry but I have no option..." Leo said in one breath.

I saw the panick in his eyes.

" I understand Leo. Just be careful.." I nodded at him.

Leo quickly kissed my cheek and disappeared.

I turned around holding Eli in my arms to see Alex already looking at me.

(Alex's pov)

We were talking about our absolute no progress when someone knocked at the door.

Rosie went towards the door while cursing.

Honestly let me tell you something. This Rosie is 360° different from whom I knew. Everyone around her feared her existence and respected her. I never her smiling fully  with anyone except her brothers.

As she openes the door, a tiny little being wrapped her tiny arms around Rosie's legs.

" M-Mama...."

I felt my heart skipped a beat. She has a child?

Her brother said something to her which she nodded and closed the door. I couldn't hear anything...I was still frozen from what I heard.

She turned towards me with the little girl in her arms.

" R-Rosie...."

" please not now..."

I nodded without knowing what to say.

The little girl in her arms looked adorable. She had black hair and deep blue eyes. She was no older than a year. Wait....deep blue eyes....
What am I thinking....

I looked at the way Rosie rocked her in her arms. Her face held a soft expression. Finally that little lady fell asleep. I quickly cleared the couch in the office so Rosie can put her there.

Rosie mumbled a little thank you before she placed the baby on the couch.

"How old is she Rosie..."  I broke the silence.

" That doesn't concern you Alex " She unknowingly called me Alex...that brought me a ray of hope.

" she doesn't look more than one year Rosie...please tell me the truth. "

" You don't have any right to ask Alex...When you nearly killed her! "

" what the hell are you talking about???
How did- " Another knock on the door. I don't know what's wrong with people knocking on the door today.

Before I could even look someone came inside.

" Rosie..."

A man with hazel eyes came in.

" Diego... "  Rosie stood up.

" I'm so sorry princess...I will take Eli with me so you can continue with your project. "
Why the fuck he called her princess ?
I'm sure she only has two brothers. Who the hell is this...

" Wait....what happened to your arm? " Her face shows concern.

" aaaaa....it's nothing. Just a little cut " He said while giving her a wink.

" it better be... are sure you can take Eli with you Diego? "

" pretty sure that I can take the baby girl with me " 

That ' Diego ' guy came and picked the little girl from the couch and gave Rosie a little kiss on the cheek. Okay that's it.

" what the hell going on here !!! "

Diego gave me a weird look.

" Diego, can you please take her away from here? "  Rosie said while looking at the baby whose hands were wrapped around his neck.

He nodded and left. Of course after giving me another weird look.

Rosie turned to face me. She was clearly pissed.

" so was that your new boyfriend? " I couldn't hold any longer.

" Don't you dare say a word about him. "

" it looks like you have moved on not long after we broke up. you even have a baby with another man."

" moved on?? Huh....you think it was easy for me??? Listen well with your fuclking ears open Alessio Dantae! You weren't there when I fucking needed you the most. You weren't there when I was carrying your offspring- "
She covered her mouth after realizing what she just said.

It hit me like a truck. I felt my heart stopped working for few seconds.

" What did you just say? " I leaned to the desk near me to support my body.

I had a daughter...