Chapter 12

I couldn't believe my own eyes... the woman who destroyed my peace with Alex....and the that 'ms. Who thinks pretty' are waiting for me. In my own house. But something is off with both of them. Linda had an unreadable expression on her face....is it sadness or....guilt. maybe both. To my surprise Sophia wasn't dolled up. That was surely strange.

I cleared up my throat.

" What do you want now Linda? " my voice was called.

" Rosana......." she stood up from her seat.

" I don't have time to beat around the bush Linda."

" from where should I start...." she sighed heavily. It felt like she had a lot of weight on her to carry.

" Mama...." Sophia stood up and wrapped her hands around Linda's shoulder.

" You see, I'm not someone with a good patience level. So would you like to explain the meaning of all this? "

" Can you do me a favor and call Martha, please Rosana?"I raised my brow at her. What is she trying to do now.

" just this once...please..."

Something inside me wanted to do what she asked.  My gut feeling was telling me that this time she was no harm....I hesitantly called Martha.
She came within few seconds.

Linda walked towards her. She rolled the right sleeve of her blouse revealing her forearm. And she showed it to Martha. I was getting annoyed as fuck as I couldn't understand what the fuck was happening. As I was about open my mouth I was cut off by Martha's gasping. Her eyes were as big as plates.

" You.....little missy Selene " Martha's cracked voice spoke. And then she hugged her tightly.

I've had enough of this now.

" what the hell is going on Martha? "
I knew I shouldn't speak to her like that. She was in her fifties and was like a mother figure  but I was extremely annoyed.

Martha gave me a look.

" Meet your lost Aunt Rose..."

" More like expelled " Linda, I don't know what to call her anymore chuckled. Hint of sadness in her voice.

" What are you talking about Martha? You think I'm gonna believe you, like what the hell? "

" I will explain you. Martha could you bring us the family album please..."
Martha nodded and went while 'Linda' took my hands in hers.

" I know you don't believe me, but could  you give me a one chance to explain...just once " I couldn't say no after looking at her eyes. The held the sincerity I had never seen before.

Martha came in with the family album and gave it to 'Linda'.
She took it and ran her fingers through the family logo on it. Within few minutes she opened a photo.
There was a couple with two children. The man, whom I identified as my grandpa when he was young, was holding a new born baby while the younger version of grandma was holding a young boy who looked like five or six years old.

'Linda' started to speak.

" Rose, You may know me as Linda. But my real name is Selene De Luca...now Selene Valentino.
Yes...I'm also a De Luca. My only brother is your father, Lussiano De Luca. yes Rosie....I'm your only aunt and you are my only niece. "

" w-what a-are you t-talking a-about..."

" I know it's alot. But you need to know..
I had a lovely childhood with my parents and older brother Rosie....a lovely one.  I was the ' to be mafia princess '. I had everything. But you know, fate has written each of us a destiny. When I was eighteen, I fell in love. Love of my life was someone your grand parents didn't accept. He was just a common crew member of De Luca's. They say love is blind....I saw it myself.
Because of my parents rejection for my love, I ran away...."

" N-No way, this is true! " I was far beyond shock.

" It's the truth Rose" Martha continued.

" Your grandpa was a strict man Rose. He expelled her from the De Luca family. No one was allowed to be in contact with her including me. You must be wondering How I know all this... you know, I have been under De Luca's for nearly thirty years. I'm only few years older than Selene. She never treated me like a maid but a sister. You see that long scar in her forearm. The moment I saw it I knew this was Selene. "

Selene placed her hands on Sophia's hands as she spoke.

" Meet my daughter, your only cousin Vanessa. My only treasure.Rosie..."

Now it was my turn to get eyes widen.
Vanessa gave me a sincere smile.

" I'll leave you guys to talk" Martha stood up and left.

" B-But why D-Did you- "

Selene cut me off.

" I know what are you thinking Rose. You are going to ask me why I separated you and Alex. Aren't you..." I nodded without uttering a word.

" I did it for you Rose....I did it for you..."

" I can't understand a-aunt " the moment   the word 'aunt' left my mouth I saw Selene smile with tears filled her eyes.

" It was all scripted Rose...everything was scripted. We both were just actors.
As I told you after I ran away with Vanessa's father. My life was all good until I was found by....Balzanos four years ago. They wanted to create a drama. When I rejected to be a part of that drama....they killed him, my everything was him, Vanessa lost her father........"

As my aunt spoke, a tear slid down her cheek along with Vanessa's.

" Finally I was forced to act in that drama to save Vanessa's life. But you know what Rose....no matter what condition you are in, it hurts to see your own blood getting hurt. That's what happened. I couldn't stand it when I knew you were involved..."

"But aunt how does it connect with D-Dantaes, how you became Alex's step mom? "

" That's the point Rosie... you know very well that your dad was accused for murdering Stefano's wife. But....she was never killed. She is the missing memes of Balzanos. In short her real name is Sisiliya Balzano......."

I was too shocked to even blink. All the time my parents were accused for something for they didn't commit. They were murdered for no reason. All of it was scripted....

" I'm afraid that's not the all Rose.
After them faking the death of Sisiliya I was forced to marry Stefano as her last will. Stefano had no idea about all this. He is honestly a good man Rosie...so is Alex. When I first found out Alex had a girlfriend, Sisiliya wanted to get rid of it. I got to know it was you before she did. So I did everything  within my power to keep you safe. That's why  I wanted you to break up with Alex.

" But how you knew my real identity aunt? " I was suprised.

" I'm a De Luca Rosie. I was the ' to be mafia princess ' after all... "

" but why they engaged Alex with Vanessa ? "

" That's the point Rosie. She wanted a De Luca to marry Alex. Even though Vanessa's last name is Valentino, she still has my blood, De Luca blood. Sisiliya wanted a heir from Alex. A heir with De Luca, Dantae and Balzano blood. Simply a future emperor for the mafia.  "

That's when it hit me. My baby was all they wanted...

" Rosie you remember the day Alex broke up with you? I had  to threaten him using you to make you go away. I knew you had what they want... the phone call I made after you left the hospital was on purpose. I knew you would go to your brothers..."

" but how did you know I was pregnant with Eli? "

" you showed the symptoms darling when I last saw you.... the reason I finally  decided to show myself is Elli. Now Sisiliya knows about her...."

My baby.........