◤2◥

◤◨◢

Stepping into her apartment, Y/n's omega is immediately put on edge. There's the sound of a movie playing and a heavy alpha scent wafting throughout the place. She growls in warning before remembering the hybrid she took home the night before. Y/n quickly closes and locks her door before heading deeper inside. The kitchen is clean, and the food she had left out for the alpha is completely gone. She sighs in relief that he had the strength to eat and hesitates into the living room. A pair of midnight ears twitch and his head lifts from the couch as he stares at her.

"O-Oh," she makes her way over. "You're awake."

Y/n's breath catches at the sight of his beautiful gray eyes. He blinks at her twice before shortly nodding his head. Y/n notices he's wearing her biggest pair of sweatpants. They stop at his calves but they do the job. He's also wearing one of her jackets... and no shirt. And of course, the man is ripped.

Y/n falters. "Oh, your wounds. You took your bandages off?"

"Yeah," his voice is deep and rough from misuse and she shudders at the sound. He clears his throat. "They bled through so I... took them off."

"May I?" she gestures toward his chest and he nods again.

Y/n walks over to him and pushes the jacket to the side. She feels him tense as she gently traces the outside of his wounds. Y/n briefly glances up at him to find him staring intently at her.

"The stitches are holding," she absently tells him. "You're a hybrid so it should heal pretty fast. Either way, you shouldn't jostle them too much so it heals properly."

The alpha nods his head and she removes her hand from his stomach to his cheek, glancing over his eye. It's a bit swollen but not too much. He's still staring at her as she accesses him and she huffs in both annoyance and embarrassment.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"You're a wolf hybrid like me," he states, tilting his head. "You smell like one and I can feel it with you in front of me. Yet you look human. What... What did you go through that suppressed your wolf?"

Y/n blanches at the question, standing up straight. "I- I didn't go through anything. Sure, I'm a hybrid, but I'm more human than I am a wolf. It's just in my blood."

The alpha lifts his eyebrows as if he doesn't believe her but shrugs.

"So," she huffs. "Do you have a name?"

He bristles for a second before clearing his throat once more. "Mingi... Song Mingi."

"Okay, Mingi," Y/n holds her hand out. "I'm Y/n. I- You can stay here as long as you need. I'd go through some ground rules but I really want to sleep. Do you have any questions?"

He briefly averts his gaze before looking at her again. "Why... Why did you help me?"

She shrugs, sliding her hands into her pockets. "Any sane person would."

"No actually," he sneers at her. "No sane person would help a broken and battered hybrid on the street in the rain."

Y/n smells his angered scent and notices the way he clenches his fists, his shoulders shaking. She shrugs in response. Mingi growls at her and Y/n echoes it with her own. He stares her down before glancing off to the side with a faint blush.

She sighs. "Sure, some people wouldn't have helped a beat-up hybrid but I did. I'd do it again as well. I don't have any ill intentions, Mingi. I may not be exactly like you but I'm still one of you. Hybrids have to stick together in this society."