◤4◥

◤◨◢

"I do not like this place," Mingi sneers, fangs peeking out against his lips. "There are too many humans here."

Y/n snorts next to him. "I know but this place has the biggest hybrid outlet. There are humans who actually own hybrids so they shop here."

The alpha growls lowly. "I hate that word."

She sighs, nudging his side. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

They walk into a store and Mingi makes a face. "Why do the mannequins have tails and ears?"

Y/n grins. "It's a mannequin for hybrids. You know, so they can see how the clothes would fit with their tails and such."

Mingi blankly stares at her. "It's insulting."

The omega snorts, walking further into the store.

"I'm serious!" Mingi catches up to her. "Who thought that was a good idea?"

"It is a good idea, Mingi," she shrugs a shoulder. "It's just... a bad design."

He grunts. "An understatement."

Y/n rolls her eyes and stops in front of the men's section. "Alright. Go crazy. I'm expecting to spend at least 5,000 today."

Mingi frowns. "That's a lot of money."

"Yeah well," she waves her hand at him. "You're a big guy and hybrid clothes are expensive, not to mention men's clothes. You also have no clothes whatsoever and you're already stretching out all of my shit so yeah, 5,000." Y/n scrunches her nose. "Probably 10,000 if we're getting a proper wardrobe."

Mingi's frown doesn't move and she reaches up to flick his forehead. "Go. It's fine. I have more to spare and it's just money."

"What about bills and stuff?" he cocks his head. "Don't you have to worry about that?"

"Yes," she responds. "Now go before I choose for you."

Mingi grumbles but goes. Y/n watches for a bit as he critically judges each and every piece of clothing. She isn't at all surprised to find him picking up a bunch of hoodies and sweatpants. After he picks the blandest outfit ever, Y/n steps in.

"You're hopeless," she sighs, grabbing his wrist, and taking him to the clearance racks. "You can't be that out of tune with the world."

Mingi shrugs. "No. I had access to the internet in confinement but I didn't like many of the clothes the models would wear."

"Confinement?" she echoes, turning to flick through the rack and trying not to show her panic. "What was that like?"

Y/n doesn't turn toward him as he ponders but she smells his agitation. She's beginning to think she pushed too early before he speaks.

"It was cold," he tells her. "Very cold... and lonely."

She hums but doesn't say anything else, picking up a pair of cargo pants and lifting them trying to seem casual. Y/n presses them against his hips and glances at him.

"These look good," she mutters.

Mingi holds out his arm and she drapes it over it. Y/n continues to go through the rack and he watches in silence for a moment.

"They tried to create more of me," Mingi whispers.

Y/n tenses and finally glances at him. "What?"

"I was their test subject," he continues, clouded eyes staring at the ground. "They kidnapped me from my pack of purebreds and took my DNA to create more wolf hybrids... That was 8 years ago."