◤3◥

◤◨◢

Y/n wakes up to the sound of screaming and it sends her into a panic. She flinches awake to the sight of Mingi hunched over next to her, clutching his chest and tugging at his ears and hair. Ignoring her racing heart, Y/n pushes out heavy calming pheromones. He tenses as his nose picks up on her scent and turns to her with wide horrified eyes.

"Y/n, I'm- I-"

Y/n pouts and hesitantly reaches her hand out. "It's okay. I'm right here. No one can hurt you. It's just me."

Mingi stares at her hand until it connects with his cheek and he croons softly, turning his nose into her palm. Y/n lets out her scent from the glands on her wrists and watches as he inhales it, the taught muscles his in shoulders relaxing as her pheromones work their magic. Tears pour onto her hand as he breaks down and she crawls the rest of the distance between them, climbing into his lap and pulling him close. Mingi wraps his thick arms around her waist and buries his face in her neck, heart-wrenching cries falling from his lips.

"It's okay, alpha," she whispers, running her hands up and down his broad back. "You're okay. You're safe. Everything is going to be okay."

Y/n chokes up at the sound of his cries, burying her face in the space between his ears. She lets him cling to her, his claws peaking out to snatch at her skin as he slides his hand under her loose shirt for skin contact. She lets him sob and whine until his voice breaks. She takes it all as she silently cries with him, keeping her scent calm and welcoming.

Y/n's not sure how long they sit there but it's long enough for her hips, knees, and ankles to start aching. Mingi must have smelt her discomfort because he releases his tight grip on her and sits back.

"Sorry. I- Are you okay?"

"I'm alright," she waves her hand. "Just sore from this position."

Mingi nods once before grabbing her again and shifting them onto their sides. She sighs at the instant relief, stretching her legs out before entangling their legs together and cuddling closer.

Mingi clears his throat. "I'm... sorry for waking you up. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," she smiles softly. "You don't have to apologize. You okay now?"

He nods his head. "Yeah... I don't think I'll be able to sleep though."

Y/n snorts. "Same."

They fall into silence, the sounds of their soft breaths filling the air.

"Want to go to my studio?"

"What?" he sits his head up. "Right now?"

"Mhm," she nods. "I've got a key."

"Fuck yeah."

◣◧◥

Making music has always been a natural thing for Y/n. She's been humming random tunes before she even learned to talk thanks to her family. It's the one good thing they've done for her, give her her passion for music.

"Whoa," Mingi blinks. "So this is a studio?"

Y/n hums in response, mindlessly flipping on switches and adjusting the temperature in the room, and grabbing her equipment from the locked closet. She brings out a bean bag chair for Mingi before settling in her own chair behind her desk and setting up her stuff.