◤5◥

◤◨◢

After spending too much money on clothes, they pick up Y/n's new car and silently drive around.

"Should we... talk about this?" Mingi asks.

Y/n briefly glances at him before returning her eyes to the road. "About our packs?"

He nods. "Amongst other things."

She sighs, stopping at a red light. "Probably... wanna get some food first?"

"Depends," Mingi taps his chin. "Can we go to that hybrid restaurant that we had that one time?"

Y/n grins. "We absolutely can."

She immediately changes the route and they arrive pretty quickly. As soon as she parks, Mingi stares at her in bewilderment.

"What?"

"You drive like a crazy person."

Y/n snorts, climbing out of the car. "No, I don't."

"Sure," he grunts, rolling his eyes.

She ignores him in favor of ushering him inside. Mingi perks up the minute they step inside, his nose tilted in the air.

"Ugh, it smells so good in here," Y/n smiles. "Come on, let's eat at the bar."

She tugs his hand but stops when he doesn't budge. "Mingi?"

His grey eyes dart furiously across the room as his nose constantly twitches. "Y-Yunho?"

Y/n blanches. "Yunho? Do you know him?"

Mingi's eyes snap toward her. "How do you know him?"

"Uhh," she blinks. "He's the owner of this restaurant. I've been a regular here since I found the place... How do you know him?"

"He's... He's my best friend... from my pack. I- H-How-" Mingi frantically turns to her. "I-Is he here? Can I see him?"

"Your pack?" Y/n stares up at him, her heart picking up in her chest. "You must be the best friend he talks about."

Tears immediately pour into his eyes as his voice cracks. "He talks about me?"

She smiles softly, gently squeezing his hand. "All of the time. He misses you a lot."

Mingi's lip wobbles and she takes in a shaky breath. Y/n doesn't think she can handle it right now if he starts crying, not to mention the distressed scent coming from him.

"Come on," She intertwines their fingers. "Let's go talk to someone and see if he's here."

Without another word, Y/n drags Mingi through the diner, claiming her usual spot at the bar. Mingi plops down next to her, his alpha reeling from how strongly the place smells of Yunho and Y/n leans forward glancing through the open window. She notices Misuk walking past and waves her hand.

"Yah! Misuk-ah!"

Misuk flinches before turning toward her. She beams and rushes out to the bar, her dark blue hair shifting in her ponytail.

"Y/n! Hey!" she smiles. "How are you?"

"I'm alright," Y/n shrugs.

Misuk glances over at Mingi and owlishly blinks her green eyes. "Oh. You're a new face. Hello."

Mingi gives her a shaky smile. "Hi."

"So before I order," Y/n taps the surface with her nails. "Is Yunho here by any chance?"