◤1◥

◤◨◢

Walking home in the rain, Y/n thinks she's probably just had the worst day of her life. She slept through her alarm causing her to be late for her meeting with her publisher just for her publisher to think her new book was boring and unoriginal.

A waitress spilled 3 cups of freezing-cold coffee on her favorite white hoodie and proceeded to yell at Y/n as if it was her fault.

Her car broke down on her way to get dinner with her boyfriend and she had to endure the entire date with him talking about his hybrid friend again. It had pissed her off because he ignored her obvious distress and only talked about himself once again.

Then they had to work together in the studio and she had thought the day would end well since she was doing another thing she loved with someone who meant a lot to her. They even had time to have sex, something they hadn't done in months but barely 5 minutes after they were done, he dumped her...

Without a car or a boyfriend to rely on, Y/n had to walk home alone, and then because the universe hates her so much, it started raining. Y/n stops and glances up at the sky.

"Are you fucking serious right now!?" she screams, throwing her hands up. "Can I just-" her voice cracks as the overwhelming emotions of the day catch up with her. "Can I just get a break?"

Burning tears fill her eyes and Y/n roughly shakes her head. She refuses to cry in the rain. Not only would that make it hard for her to see, but it would drain the little energy she has left to make it home. Y/n sniffs once and moves on, trudging through the rain. She's almost 5 minutes away from her apartment when she pauses at the sight of crimson red trailing through the water down the drain. Her heartbeat spikes as she turns her head toward the alley she's stopped in front of.

"H-Hello?" she calls out.

Y/n wipes at her face and squints into the dark. She doesn't see anything and she huffs in annoyance, cursing the rain once more for blocking her heightened senses. Against her body's instincts, Y/n slowly makes her way down the alley, holding her hands out in front of her.

"Hello?" she tries again.

Y/n flinches at the sound of a whine. It's high-pitched and drawn out as if it's in pain. Y/n rushes further and drops to her knees.

"Oh no," her hands hesitate in front of her as she takes in the animal in front of her.

It's a wolf and he's absolutely massive. He's got dark fur like the midnight sky with a few red undertones. Though Y/n's not sure if it's his natural fur color or cached blood. The wounds look deep along his sides and one over his eye. He's twitching against the cold and whining insistently.

"What happened to you?" she breathes.

She gently pets the wolf's head and he flinches away from her touch. He growls lowly, piercing gray eyes blearily opening to glare at her.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," she nibbles on her lips, eyeing him. "I think I can carry you. I don't know if you're a regular wolf or a hybrid, but I want to help."

Y/n watches as his nose twitches, sniffing the air. He relaxes slightly and Y/n takes that as his acceptance. She reaches under him and heaves him into her arms. The wolf whines once more and she grimaces.

"I know, I'm sorry," she turns around and quickly makes her way home. "We'll be home soon."

Y/n struggles with the wolf's weight but manages to get inside her apartment. She kicks off her drenched shoes at the door and makes a beeline for the bathroom. She sets the wolf down in the tub and goes about her apartment, collecting her first aid kit and actively scenting the air around her. Y/n walks back into the bathroom to the wolf trying to sit up.