07

: *. .* :☆゚7. Embarrass your Daughter

❝She used to talk about you all the time Oikawa, best friend or boyfriend, am I right?❞

She used to talk about you all the time Oikawa, best friend or boyfriend, am I right?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Oikawa's hand went to grab the handle door.
"Wait," I said abruptly.
"What?" Oikawa asked, pulling his hand away from the car door. I fidgeted in my seat.
"I need you too pretend that we're still friends, that we never stopped talking." Oikawa narrowed his eyes.
"Why...?" He asked, slowly.
"Because —" I stopped myself and crossed my arms. "My dad doesn't know about anything and he thinks we're still like pretty much best friends, okay?" Oikawa widened his eyes now.
"You didn't tell him about anything?"
"No, I didn't want to stress him out..." I mumbled. I could feel myself basically sinking into the car seat, I wonder if Oikawa could tell how embarrassed I feel.

"I can do that, it's no problem," he told me, I could feel him leaning over a little to my side of the car. I quickly acknowledged his closeness and glared.
"Let's just get this over with," I grumbled.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hey dad!" I called as I wandered through the door, basically changing into a different person, all smiley and cheerful, a completely different person to the one Oikawa was in the car with.
"I brought someone, you'll be excited to see!"

I walked down the hallway, which pretty much hadn't changed at all since Oikawa had last been there, barely sparing him a glance to check if he was behind me.

As we entered the wide open door to the living room, which also hadn't changed, still cluttered and homely as ever, Oikawa was met with a skinner, older version of my dad than the one he had once knew. He was dressed in a thick dressing gown and slippers with long socks that went over his pyjama bottoms.

"Dad, look," I smiled, moving out the way to show off Oikawa. Dad smiled brightly.
"Oikawa, I haven't seen you in ages, been busy with volleyball yeah? That's what [y/n]'s been telling me," he spoke, "are you still as good as she used to ramble on about?" Oikawa blushed. So did I.
"I hope so..." he rubbed the back of his neck.

I sat on the couch adjacent to dad's armchair. I patted the seat next to me, for Oikawa to sit on, I could sense him forcing himself not to raise an eyebrow and quickly stop once he remembered I was putting on a show for my father's sake. Once he sat down, I felt his thigh against mine and his body flinch a little due to the closeness. That feeling vanished quickly however as I shuffled over to closer to the armrest, subtly keeping my distance.

"Where's Kichi?" I asked, scanning the room as if I
was looking for someone who was hiding away from me. She was my father's nurse, not so much older than me. I liked her, she was friendly.
"She out getting groceries, she'll be back in a few hours, you stay to see her, won't you?" Dad replied. I shook my head.
"I can't, sorry. Oikawa's got a busy day ahead and he's my ride back to my apartment," I nudged Oikawa shoulder, so he would get the hint.
"Umm, yeah, I have volleyball practice," he lied, rubbing his shoulder. Maybe I nudged him too hard...
"Ah, that's a shame but still I'm glad I'm seeing you again," Dad grinned at Oikawa. I watched as Oikawa give an awkward smile back. There was a bit of a silence that followed after my dad spoke which gave him a chance to take a look at my face properly. His eyes narrowed as he leaned forward in his chair to take a proper look at my face, which was bruised enough to cause a bit of concern.

"What happened to your face, kid?" He asked. His face had the expression of a man that was about to have a meltdown from stress, so I laughed it off.
"I just tripped and fell on my face last night, it's my own fault." I felt Oikawa's eyes burning into the side of my head. "Don't lie to your dad, [y/n]!" I could already hear him say.

My dad let out a breath of air, something close to a laugh but his face still looked worried.
"I told you to be more careful with your alcohol, [y/n]," he scolded. "You're luckily it's just you're nose and not half you're teeth!" I let out another awkward laugh, rubbing the back of my neck and muttering out some repeated "I know"s.
"Well, Oikawa helped me out, he knows all about nose injuries from playing volleyball and he gave me the clear, I'll be fine!" I spoke in a fake cherry voice, patting Oikawa's shoulder, begging him to agree with me. He said nothing and just nodded with a smile which satisfied my poor old dad enough.

"You know... I got almost worried for a sec there, you stopped showing up here so abruptly, I thought you two might've had a falling out." My dad said. We both forced laughs. "Or maybe even a secret relationship that this one was too scared to tell me about!"
"Oh my god, Dad!" I blushed. I could feel Oikawa tense up next to me.
"What? I'm kidding, kid, relax," he chuckled. "She used to talk about you all the time Oikawa, best friend or boyfriend, am I right?"
"Please stop..." I muttered into my hands.
"Aw, come on! It's my job to make things awkward for my daughter," he chuckled.

"Anyways, are you a tea drinker, Oikawa? [y/n], get the kettle on, would you?" Dad changed the subject.
"Sure thing," I answered, happy to get out the room.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I'm bored of being single miss my ex
Write fanfics to keep me distracted