09

: *. .* :☆゚9. Hospital

❝Nothing bad going to happen to you in here❞

Nothing bad going to happen to you in here

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My eyes were trained on the plain white door of Oikawa's family home, my hand hoovering over to knock the door. Strongly debating whether or not I should actually hand these clothes back to Oikawa or just leave the by the door and sprint away once I've knocked. It's about to rain soon though and if I left them out by the door they might get wet then washing them would be kinda a waste. Let's just make this a quick encounter.

I got barely even two knocks on the door before it swung open to display a tired looking Oikawa, wearing sweats and a hoodie. A similar hoodie to the one folded up in my arms. "Hey" he says. He sounded almost surprised to see me.

"I have your stuff" I say without a greeting to match his and stretch out my arms, waiting for him to take the clothing resting in my hands. He eyes them for a few seconds and then back up me, his eyes darting around my features, taking extra care in scanning my nose which was much more bruised up than it was yesterday. The back, blue and purple colours had traveled to under my eyes, not even the greatest makeup artist could cover it up, besides it hurt so bad when I tried to dab some concealer on it, so I gave up pretty quick.

"Did you go to the hospital like I said you should?" Oikawa interrogated but I'm pretty sure he already knew the answer which made it very difficult for me to lie about it. Not like he gave me much time to answer because he immediately spoke again before I could get a word in. "You didn't, did you?" I puffed my cheeks.
"It's fine," I huffed. Oikawa scoffed.
"Have you looked in a mirror? It's not fine! Half your face is black and blue!"
"You said it didn't look broken!" I protested.
"I'm not a doctor!" He yelled back. It felt like getting scolded by my dad. This sucked.

When I didn't say anything, Oikawa grabbed me by the hand and dragged me into the house, shutting the door behind him. "Gimme a minute to get changed and I'm driving you to the hospital," he told me as he dragged me over to the couch. "Stay here and wait, don't leave."
"Is that a threat?" I said, just to be irritating. He sighed again.
"No but I'll carry you there if I have to, that's a threat," He gave his witty reply. I grumbled and sat on the couch with my arms crossed. No point in fighting, I was definitely going to that hospital whether I liked it or not.

Oikawa came down the stairs in less than 5 minutes in casual clothes but not as comfy as a hoodie and sweatpants. His hair was less dishevelled too and he held his car keys in his hand. The key rings and other keys made a jangling noise as he to each step down the stairs.

I had turned my head to look at him as he walked down the stairs. He gave me another once over, still not looking very happy about my nose.
"Let's go," he said, motioning his head to the door, waiting for me to stand up. Which I did with a huff.

We both stood by the door, giving each other one look before Oikawa opened the door, letting us out to the car.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The two of us sat on chairs in the waiting room of the closest hospital, in silence, both of us taking in the sounds of the hospital. The chatter. The beeping of random machines. The sound of my foot rapidly tapping against the vinyl floor.

"Hey, relax," Oikawa spoke, placing a hand on my thigh to stop it from bouncing. "Your legs are gonna go all sore if you keep doing that. Nothing bad going to happen to you in here." His voice went soft as he spoke the last part. "I promise."

"I hate hospitals," I muttered, not really acknowledging anything he had just said. Oikawa sighed and pulled back his hand.
"The quicker you get your nose checked, the quicker we can go home," he sighed. "And if you're good, I'll buy you some ice cream on the way back," he teased. An obvious attempt at loosening me up. It kind of worked.

"I'm not a little kid," I laughed.
"You don't want free ice cream?"
"No, I definitely want free ice cream." We both gave each other a smile. Conversations like this remind me of the times when we actually were little kids. He always loved to tease me and I'd do the same right back. The smile of my face went away pretty quickly once my name was called by a doctor.

"You'll be okay," Oikawa whispered as I stood up to leave, giving my thigh a reassuring squeeze which for once, I didn't pull alway from. I gave him one last smile, a weary one as I left with the doctor and vanished from his sight.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Had to re edit this chapter bc I read it over and it was absolutely ATROCIOUS