Neteyam's secret

Word count: 7,736
Neteyam x Kaia (human with avatar)
Fluffy kinda
Warnings: cuss words ig?

Neteyam was always in touch with his culture. His parents believed he was the one that most embraced his Na'vi self.

Still, he kept a secret to himself that none would suspect.

Kaia, a human girl, had caught Neteyam's eye. She was a teenage girl, forced to grow up in the labs, almost exactly like Spider.

The difference between Kaia and Spider was that Kaia was more afraid of Pandora than he was. She was a more "indoors" type of teen, looking for ways to help the Na'vi with the tech.

In fact, Kaia was conceived simply to create a young avatar. Spider was jealous of this. Why wouldn't he get an avatar?

The scientists were successful in creating a teenage avatar, which excited Neteyam. He wanted nothing more than to show Kaia his world and the beauty surrounding it.

Kaia wasn't aware of the Na'vi's crush on her. She didn't even speak to him very often. He would occasionally appear at the lab she hung out at to "accidentally bump into her" or "coincidentally be bored" and watch her work with the crops outside.

She was very interested in Pandora's ecosystem, yet she wouldn't dare venture into the forest as Spider does.

Neteyam would never admit his crush on a human girl, mostly because of his mother's disapproval of Spider. If Spider, who was closer to them, was not accepted, why would Kaia be?

Now that she had an avatar to herself, he would be able to speak to her more often without it being suspicious.

"You just lay down and rest in here, you'll be in your avatar body in no time." Norm informs Kaia as she nervously lays down in a capsule.

Max encloses her, making her feel claustrophobic. Still, she tries to relax.

While this occurred, Kiri, Lo'ak, and Neteyam, were watching closely, waiting to see the future teenage avatar.

"Imagine she ends up looking hotter than pure Na'vis." Lo'ak comments, which Kiri and Neteyam don't appreciate.

"You're disgusting." Kiri remarks.

"Yeah, baby bro. Never say something like that again." Neteyam adds, softly hitting Lo'ak on his shoulder.

"You know, I thought Spider would want to see this." Kiri brings up, changing the topic.

"It would hurt him more than excite him." Neteyam explains, moving over to the glass pane that would display Kaia waking up in her avatar body.

The other two siblings followed closely behind and Lo'ak shrugged. "Yeah bro, but Kaia's like his sister. He should be excited for her." he says.

"At least we are." Neteyam concludes, right before Kaia's avatar body wakes.

She is frightened, alarmed, and unaware of the Na'vi staring at her.

Sitting up on the bed, she anxiously looks around while scientists try to calm her down.

"Kaia! It's us! You're okay!" A female scientist says.

Kaia recognized the people's faces and starts to calm down. Taking deep breaths, she manages to get through all the exams they had prepared for her. Next up, going outside.

She is given clothes that humans prepared for her, which made her stand out amongst the other Na'vi.

Walking outside, she notices the three teenage Na'vi waiting for her together. Smiling, Kaia walks over to them.