Rotxo's confession

Word Count: 2,286
Rotxo x Maleah (Metkayina)
Fluff kinda?
Warnings: none

"Tsireya, is it just me, or is Rotxo acting unusual lately?" Maleah asks her best friend as they walk along the beach.

"What do you mean?"

"He has become... distant." She admits, to which Tsireya responds with a confused look. "I don't know, Tsireya. I think he does not want to be my friend anymore."

Tsireya gasps, grabbing Maleah's arm and stopping. "You must be imagining things! Rotxo could never do that to you, he loves your friendship." She declares.

Ao'nung arrives at the scene, interrupting the girls. "What are you fighting about this time?" He asks, which earns a glare from both girls.

Tsireya lets go of Maleah's arm and points at Ao'nung. "Have you seen Rotxo today?"

"I just came back from fishing with him, why?"

"Has he mentioned anything regarding Maleah lately?"

Ao'nung tightens his lips and takes a quick look at Maleah.

"He has, hasn't he?" The girl asks Ao'nung, alarmed at his quick glimpse.

"I cannot break bro-code guys, you are going to have to take this conversation and give it to him." Ao'nung says as she raises his arms in his defense.

Tsireya raises a browline, "You know something then?" she interrogates her brother.

"Do you think I know what you might want to know?"

"Ao'nung, stop playing games. Does Rotxo want to stop being friends with me, or not?" Maleah quickly asks, shocking Ao'nung in the process.

"Wait, what?! How did you come to that conclusion?!"

"See, Maleah, Rotxo doesn't want to stop being friends with you, I knew it." Tsireya says, turning to her best friend with a smile.

"Then what was Ao'nung hiding?" Maleah asks, which makes both girls turn to the boy, making him nervous.

"Will you look at that? It is almost eclipse. I should be going, bye-bye!" And he runs off.

Maleah sighs disappointedly at his behavior. "I am guessing you will be heading home as well?" She asks Tsireya.

"I guess I should. Do not worry, Maleah. I will interrogate Ao'nung once I get to him," She assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you, I will see you tomorrow."

The next day, Tsireya and Maleah decide to search for Rotxo and Ao'nung, finding them near the shoreline.

"Rotxo, Ao'nung!" Maleah calls out, letting their presence be known as they approach them.

Rotxo jumps slightly at the mention of his name, which didn't go unnoticed.

"I didn't mean to startle you," Maleah says as she places her hand on Rotxo's arm.

"It's alright, Ao'nung and I were just about to leave," Rotxo explains, moving his arm slightly at the touch.

"We were?" Rotxo shoves Ao'nung's arm because of his obliviousness. "Oh, right, we were."

"Then we want to go with you," Tsireya says, "After all, we haven't spent that much time together as a group for a while." She knew what she was doing.

"Actually, Ao'nung and I were going to Three Brother's Rocks, you know, outside the reef?" Rotxo claims, trying to scare them away.