Neteyam's protection

Word count: 2,548 (approximately)
Neteyam x Aneya (human)
Angst to Fluff kinda
Warnings: anxiety

Requested by @BasmalaHesho

Aneya, a girl raised with Spider, was the complete opposite of him. She was a shy teenage girl, who hated walking out of the labs. However, she was somewhat friends with the Sully kids.

In attempts to help her come out her shell, Spider would often bring his friends over to the lab to spend time with Aneya. He tried his best to make her feel included. In fact, the Sully kids had taken a liking to Aneya, even if she was quiet most of the time.

It would take her some time to get comfortable every time they were over. Their tall statures freaked her out sometimes, since it was unnatural for her to see most of the time.

Neteyam was fond of her silent nature. He found her to be a peaceful and calm creature. While the others rushed her to be more out there, he had all the patience in the world when it came to her.

Spider didn't understand when Neteyam defended her introverted actions. He wanted to help her overcome her fears, not learn to live with them.

"Aneya!" Lo'ak calls out, looking for the human girl hiding in the labs.

"She's supposed to be here." Spider explains, helping him look around.

"Aneya! You promised!" Lo'ak continued his search, occasionally stumbling into scientists who grumbled at his interruption. "Are you sure she's here?" He asks Spider.

"She's just really good at hiding. Trust me, she doesn't go out if she doesn't need to." Spider walks over to the security office, finding a worker inside.

"How's it going Spider?" the worker asks.

"Can we check the footage real quick? We're trying to find Aneya."

The worker sighs, clicking a screen to zoom in on a vent. "She's in there. It's been half an hour and she still hasn't come out. Please get her out."

Spider nods, "Will do."

He takes Lo'ak and finds the vent the security worker showed him, knocking on it softly. "Aneya, are you there?"

Lo'ak's ears perk up as he hears a small squeak come from inside. "Mouse, we know you're in there," He calls, using the nickname the Sullys had given her.

Spider wasn't the only one called after an animal, he was just more used to it than Aneya was.

"Guys... I'm actually kind of uhm... stuck," she softly says, trying not to freak out.

"Shit, we'll get you out Aneya, hold on." Spider runs out in search of a loose pipe or crowbar he could use while Lo'ak stayed behind trying pull the vent door off with his hands and tail.

"I can stay in here, don't worry about it Lo'ak."

"You're hyperventilating-" He pulls harder, now slamming his tail against the middle to try and bend it. "Spider! Get back here!" He yells.

"Out of the way!" The human boy yells as he runs over. Lo'ak drops to the side as Spider lands a big hit on the vent door with a crowbar in his hand.

"Ow! Spider!" Aneya whined. The metal hit her slightly as it bent, hurting her in the process.

"Sorry, sorry!" Swiftly, Spider takes the door off, allowing her to crawl out from the vent.

She reveals herself to the guys as Lo'ak takes a breath from his small oxygen mask. "Do I really have to?" She asks, earning a grin from Lo'ak.