Chapter 2

"Thank you so much for coming Colby." I say walking him through the front hall of my house. 

"Of course I'd come to my daughter's second birthday. I want to be there unlike my dad was. Plus I don't plan on missing any birthdays, graduations, or important events." He says smiling very wide.

"Oh Colby! You're the best!" I say pulling him into a hug.

As we walk into the living room Colby sees Isabella sitting on the floor. 

"Hi Izzy!" He crouches down and tickles her tummy.

"Has she started talking yet?" Colby asks.

"A little bit. Her vocabulary mainly consists of mommy, cereal, and daddy..." I say trailing off. 

"She said daddy?" He asks excitedly. 

"Yes! I showed her a picture of us at prom, and she said "dadda". It was so cute!" I squeal of excitement. 

Out of the corner of my eye I see Lucas walk in. I quickly get up, and give him a kiss. 

"Colby can we talk?" Lucas asks.

"Uh yeah sure?" He says confused.

"We were thinking that it might be confusing to Isabella to have you traveling so much. You know with your work with Sam." Lucas says holding my shoulders. 

"Yeah I get that, but I still want to be there." He says disappointed. 

"We'll figure it all out, okay? I promise." I say trying to be reassuring. 

Colby goes over and picks up Isabella. 

She giggles, and says, "dadda!" 

Colby smiles and tickles her tummy.

"Aw you guys are too cute! Let me get a picture real quick." I say pulling out my phone, and taking the picture.

I quickly post it in honor of Isabella's birthday.

KaylaMarie: Happy Birthday to the cutest birthday girly ever!!! Love you!!! ❤️

❤️ 50 likes