Chapter 4

As I wake up I hear my alarm blaring  in my ear. I look over and see the time. It's 6:30 am. 

"Ugh. I hate school." I say rubbing my eyes.

I get up, and throw on a black hoodie and ripped jeans. As I sit down at my vanity I start working on my makeup. I hear a knock on the door, and turn to it.

"Come in." I say interested in who it was.

A short girl with long brown hair opens the door and pops in her head.

"Hi I'm Devyn. Colby told me that you're staying here, and I just wanted to say hi." She says smiling.

"Hi I'm Isabella. You can call me Belle or Izzy. You can come in." I smile back.

She walks in and sits at the end of my bed.

"You're in high school right?" 

"Yeah. I'm a junior." I say blending out my makeup. 

"Oh cool. So your mom and Colby are...?" She questions trailing off.

"Old friends."

"So Kay from high school is your mom?" Devyn asks.

"I guess. I haven't seen Colby since I was two. I don't even remember it. Mom said he came to my birthday. I have a picture, but that's it." I say stopping working on my makeup of a second. 

"Colby talks about you a lot. He really cares about you." She smiles at me in the reflection of the mirror.

I put down my eye shadow brush and grab my earrings quickly putting them in. I grab my back pack, and throw on my shoes.

"I have to go to school. I'll see you later." I say walking out the door.

As I walk down the stairs I think about what Devyn said. If he cares about me so much why was he never around? So he may just be my mom's friend, but it doesn't make since why he cares so much. They were friends in high school so it doesn't make sense. 

Outfit idea: