Chapter 9

"What is this?" I say upset holding the photo album in my hand.

"Izzy I can explain..." I cut Colby off.

"No. I don't want your explanation." I say running out of the room. 

Tears pour down my face as I lock the door behind me. I don't want to see Colby's face right now. I can't believe that he lied to me for this long. All the time we had together while I've been here, and he's said absolutely nothing. I throw myself down on the bed and just cry.

"Izzy?" Colby knocks on the door. 

I roll over grabbing my stuffed animal cat and hold it close to me. 

"Izzy please talk to me." I hear Colby say from outside the door.

"I have nothing to say to you." I say back.

As I cry I start to drift off to sleep. I start to dream about if Colby had been there and told me he's my dad. Why would he never say anything to me. Did he not want me to know he's my dad? 

When I wake up I don't move. I just stare at the ceiling. I look at my phone and see that it's 9:15. 

About an hour later my phone starts ringing. It's my mom calling. As I answer the phone I can hear mom crying.

"Hello?" I say.

"Honey, it's me mom. I wanted to tell you that Colby wanted to be in your life. He wanted to be there for you. Your dad and I decided with his career that it'd be easier for you if we just said he's your dad and not Colby. " My mom says through sobs.

"He's not my dad. Colby is my dad and you never told me. Why?" I question.

"We didn't want to you to think that he didn't care about you when he's traveling for his job." 

"So it wasn't Colby?" I ask tearing up.

"No it was me and your dad." She answers.