Chapter 12

Shortly after Colby wakes up from his slumber.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." I say with a giggle.

"Good morning smart ass." He says in reply. 

"What I am your daughter."

"That is true. Must be hereditary then." He says with a smile.

"Mmmmhh."

"So I've been meaning to ask you about something." He says as he pours himself cereal.

"What?"

"Do you want to move into the house with us?" He asks. 

"Ummm hello, YES. A MILLION TIMES YES!" I say bouncing up and down. 

"Okay. Calm down it's not that exciting." He says.

"Are you kidding me? I get to live with celebrities and say one is my dad." I say happily.

"Yeah about that. I don't think it'll be good to say I'm your dad. I have some crazy fan girls and I don't want you getting death threats." He informs me.  

"What do you mean death threats? People are that crazy?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah. One of my friends, Amber posted a picture of us together and people were saying they wanted her dead. I don't want that for you." He says.

"Then what will you say? If you say I'm moving in at 17 people will start to talk." I point out.

"Yeah. I'm not sure yet. I'll have to talk to your mom about it still." He says. 

"I think that I can deal with your fans. I don't want to lie about who my dad is any longer. I was already lied to for 17 years. I think that's enough for me and you."

"Let me just talk to your mom first. She might not want that. She doesn't want you in danger in any way. I respect her decision so it's all up to her." He says giving me the parent look. 

"Ugh fine." I groan. "But I'm for sure moving here."

This is the first place I've actually felt at home. I love my mom and dad, but I just always felt like something was off. I'm happy to know the truth and know who I really am. I'm the daughter of Colby Brock.