Chapter 8

When I get home from school Jake comes and grabs me, and throws me over his shoulder. 

"Jake what are you doing?" I try to get down.

"I want you to meet someone." He says sliding on the tile in his socks. 

"Okay. Now put me down." I say slightly annoyed.

As he puts me down in the kitchen I see a girl. She's wearing platforms and a black tank top with a black skirt and fishnets. 

"Hi I'm Tara." She says waving at me and smiling.

"Hi I'm Bell." I say waving back.

"So you're Izzy. I've heard a lot about you. All good things of course." She says with a slight giggle.

"Are you and Jake friends?" I ask.

"You could say that." She giggles.

"She's my girlfriend." Jake says running over and hugging her.

"Awww. You guys are so cute." I say to them.

"Thanks. We're going to go on a date so bye." Jake says pulling Tara to the front door.

"Bye Tara and Jake!" I yell out.

"Bye Izzy!" Tara yells back.

I went upstairs to my room, and flop down on my bed. I just can't stop thinking about Colby saying he loved me. I had to go and snoop. As I walk down the hallway I go into Colby's room. He's not home right now, and I don't know how much time I have to look.

As I go into his room I see a wall of colored sticky notes hanging on the wall. Then a small night stand catches my eye. I open it and look through it. There I see a small photo album. As I open it I see pictures of me when I was little with Colby. There's a note that falls out of the album.

It reads, "Dear Colby, Lucas and I want you to be a part of Izzy's life still. We want to know if instead of telling her that you're her father we say you're her uncle. I will always love you and I'm very thankful for you and I know Izzy is too. - Kayla." 

I was so surprised I didn't even know what to do. I couldn't move myself out of Colby's room.

"Izzy, what are you doing?" Colby asks surprised to see me.

I look at him, but can't say a thing. There was a lack of words to describe how I felt at that moment. 

Daughter of Colby Brockजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें