Equal

"I can't belive I didn't drop that stupid Everboy's handkierchief when I had the chance," I groaned from the floor, brewing potions with Anadil. "You really should have," Anadil mumbled, extremely focused on brewing that potion. "He trusted you though," Hester praised. "Yes, I know. But I'm so frustr-" I begun. "Manon. He trusted you," she said. "An Everboy trusted you." She emphasized the three last words to make me really understand them. "You're right," I lit up. "I made an Ever trust me," I gasped. "That's insa-"

"You guys!" Dot screamed as she burst through the door, holding a black note. "Good grief, Dot," Hester groaned from her bed, shaken out of her feeble attempt to rest. "Sorry," Dot calmed down as she closed the door. "What's that in your hand?" I asked. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about!" she replied, excited once again. "We're getting to have a Never's Ball!" she squealed as she displayed the black paper.

'Dear Nevers,

We, as a staff, have decided that you will be having a Never's Ball this year. This will be the start of an annual line of Balls in Evil. It will be held on February 13th in Evil Hall, at the same time the Ever's Ball will be held. Dress in your finest clothing, and don't do anything stupid. This is a privilege, not a right.

Lady Lesso.'

"Why would they do that?" Anadil muttered, smelly potion-steam gracing her face. "Probably just so that we won't sabotage the Evers' fancy little Ball," Hester sighed, covering her eyes with her arms. "Nevermind that! We're having a Ball!" Dot jumped in excitement. "I'm kind of excited now too," I admitted. Hester sat up in her bed, giving up on getting rest. "Why would you be excited about some stupid Ball, only Evers go to Balls," she frowned. "Exactly. Imagine the havoc in Good. Right now, as we speak," I grinned.

And I was so right. Evers were going mad in the School for Good. Running to teachers, complaining to them and other students. Even the fairies were discontent.

"Dean Dovey, why?" Beatrix pressed her Dean. "It's just what we decided. It diminishes the chances of them crashing our Ball. They'll be occupied," she explained. "But ma'am," Tedros began, gaining an adoring look from Beatrix. "The Ever's Ball is the only thing we have that lifts us above the Nevers. It's what marks that we're royal," he stated.

"If you think that is the only thing Good has that lifts us above Evil, you might want to read up on your history, Tedros," Dovey replied. "Still, it's not fair!" Chaddick pressed. "Fair is exactly what it is," she replied. "That's why we did it. We're Good, and Good is fair."

She finished the conversation, closed her office door and left her students discontent.

"Ugh! I can't belive it Teddy!" Beatrix whined. "They get to have a Ball! They're Nevers!" "Yeah, it's not right. But there's nothing we can do about it, Beatrix," he replied. "It's out of our hands." He walked off, leaving her thinking. "There's nothing we can do about it.." sh emuttered to herself. "We'll see about that."