Chapter 3: Urokodaki

It was getting late and dark. You all had been walking for a few hours now and had made it close to Mount Sagiri. However, it was becoming unsafe and the thought of demons lurking about was hot on your minds.

"W-we really should find some place to stay....it's getting dangerous now." You said, keeping an eye on your surroundings.

"Y-yeah you're right. I can see lights ahead though. Perhaps whoever lives there might be willing to let us-." He paused as a wave of nausea overcame him. He sniffed the air and cringed.

"Tanjiro? What's wrong?" You always knew the boy had an immense sense of smell, which always came in handy.

"I-I...smell blood....s-something must be happening!" He began to run with Nezuko in tow as you followed close behind them.

The three of you ran up the path and up the small wood stairs to the front door of the house. It was open and in a bad state. But that wasn't the main thing that was wrong.

There in front of you was a demon, feasting on who you presumed to be the person who lived at this small house. You had to cover your mouth to stop yourself from being sick.

"The hell are you doing here? This is my territory...." The demon snarled and licked his fingers which were covered in blood. "Anybody who step on my turf, is gonna have to pay!" Both Tanjiro and Nezuko were frozen on the spot. Nezuko seemed to be twitching as drool formed around the edges of the bamboo.

"Wait a second....there's something off about you three....are you humans?" He slowly stood up and turned around.

As if the whole situation wasn't already terrifying, it just got much worse. This demon was tall and had a lot of muscle. There was no way that you would be able to take it on.

It leapt at Tanjiro and grabbed him, the two of them flew out of the door and tumbled onto the ground. However, the boy managed to take out his hatchet and slash the demons throat, causing it to let go of him and recoil backwards.

"Tanjiro!!!" You yelled as you ran back down the stairs. The demon cackled and held his throat where it was slit.

"A hatchet....not bad kid....should heal in no time though...." There was blood dripping down his body as he uncovered the wound before it healed.

"There we go....all better...." He snarled and turned towards you, throwing a fist on your direction which you narrowly dodged. "Huh? Well....I have to say...I'm impressed....you two are actually making this somewhat fun...which will make consuming you that bit more satisfying...." He grinned and leapt at Tanjiro again, pinning him to the floor.

You didn't have enough time to readjust yourself to help, but it wasn't necessary. Nezuko had come charging down the stairs and kicked the demon right in the head. The force was so great that it took the demons head clean off.

"HOLY SHIT!" You yelled in surprise and in slight awe as you watched this happen. Nezuko yet again stood guard of her brother as the demons head stopped rolling.

It's body fell to the floor allowing Tanjiro to scramble back up to his feet. You joined him at his side.

"A-Are you alright?!" Before he could say anything, the demon yelled in anger.

"YOU BASTARDS!!! SO THE GIRL IS A DEMON!!!! I COULD'NT TELL BECAUSE OF THE WEIRD VIBE YOU WERE GIVING OFF!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SIDING WITH A HUMAN?!" It gritted it's teeth as the body slowly pulled itself off the ground.

"It's still talking?! Even without a head?!" You exclaimed as you heard Nezuko kick the body away from you both.

You watched as the body pulled itself up off the ground and charge towards her, slamming its leg into the ground sending her flying. It then leapt after her, into the night.