Chapter 54: The Swordsmith Village

"Okay, we can take these blindfolds off now." You heard the kakushi say after they lowered you off their back.

You didn't actually know how long you had been travelling for, but you knew it had been quite the journey. Thankfully though, you slept through most of it only really being awake when you were transferred to a different kakushi.

Once the blindfold was taken off, you blinked a couple of times as your eyes adjusted in the setting sun. It illuminated the place in a lovely orange colour, which added to the atmosphere.

There you were with Tanjiro at the gates of the swordsmith village.

"Finally made it!" You said while stretching your limbs.

"Yeah! And I think I can smell....a hot springs!" Tanjiro said as he sniffed the air.

"There is. But before you go, you two should greet the village chief." The kakushi told you as you turned and bowed deeply to them.

"We shall. Thank you for bringing us here! And have a safe trip back!" Tanjiro said as he smiled at them.

"Thank you very much! I always admire how hard you work! No kakushi, means no demon slayers!" You smiled and waved at them as you took Tanjiro's hand and led him into the village.

You both left behind two very happy and satisfied kakushi, who appreciated your kind words and acknowledgement.

The village was busy with activity. All the swordsmiths were busy at work and you could hear them forging the swords that would be used by many slayers.

"It's really incredible to be here. This is pretty much the main artery of the demon slayer corps! Without these people working all day to forge our swords, we wouldn't stand any sort of chance!" You said as you looked around and waved at some of the swordsmiths who noticed you and Tanjiro.

"So the chiefs house is just down this street here...." You said as the two of you approached a large house at the end of the street.

Once inside, you were led into a big room where a small man was knelt on the floor waiting for you both.

After taking a seat, he began to talk.

"Welcome, welcome! I see you both got here alright! I am Lord Tecchin, the smallest but most important man in the whole village!" He began.

"Now then, why don't you both bow down low enough that your foreheads touch the ground." He said, prompting both you and Tanjiro to slam your hands down on the floor and bow down far enough so that your heads were touching the ground.

"I am Tanjiro Kamado! It is a pleasure to meet you!!!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"And I am Y/N L/N! It is a honour sir!" You followed on.

"What fine and respectful boys! Here, come have some sweets." Lord Tecchin pushed a small bowl of sweets towards you as you lifted your head up off the ground.

"Thank you sir!" You said before taking one and eating it.

"Wow! These are so good!" Tanjiro said as he kept on taking more.

"Now then, about Hotaru....at the moment he has gone missing. We are trying to find him as well. Sorry about this." He said as you and Tanjiro tilted your heads in confusion.

"Hotaru?" Tanjiro asked.

"Hotaru Haganezuka. That is his name." The village chief said, making Tanjiro chuckle.

"That's such a cute name!" He said as the chief nodded in agreement.

"Isn't it? I was the one who named him! Although he was very unhappy with it....and berated me." Lord Tecchin said as he rubbed the back of his head.