Chapter 6: The Colour Changing Katana

"A-Almost....there...." You panted as you could see Urokidaki's little shack just up the path. It had gotten dark by the time you and Tanjiro got to where you were.

You were both absolutely exhausted and just wanted to sleep. "A-A little....further...." Tanjiro was holding onto a long wooden stick as his support.

As you both dragged yourselves ever close to the house, you saw the door being kicked down. You were confused, right up until you saw how kicked it down.

It was Nezuko. She stepped out into the night and looked around. "N-NEZUKO!!!!" Tanjiro yelled in relief and joy as he found some more energy and began running towards his sister.

Nezuko's ears perked up as she turned and ran towards him as well. They both met half way and embraced each other tightly. Tanjiro was bawling his eyes out as he clung to his sister.

"Y-you're awake! I-I never thought you would...." He sobbed, not wanted to ever let go of her again.

Urokodaki stepped out of the house. A feeling of relief and joy washed over him as he saw you two again. You wasted no time in walking up to him and giving him a huge hug.

"H-Hey Mister Urokodaki! L-Look! We made it back in one piece! Just like we said we would." You felt his arms wrap around you tightly.

"Y-yes....I knew you both would return...." He choked a little on his words. You could tell he was getting very emotional. That was when, Tanjiro and Nezuko came to join in a warm group hug. "Come now. You both must be very tired and hungry."

"We sure are!" You said, managing to relax a little now that you had made it back.

Making your way back inside, you set yourself down on the floor. Promptly, you were joined by Nezuko who sat next to you. Tilting her head she gently grabbed the mask on your face and lifted it off. A smile forming underneath the bamboo once she saw your face.

"Heh. Hey Nezuko! Don't worry, it is me! Glad to see you up and about!" You gently pat her head as he smile widened as she closed her eyes, nuzzling her way further into your hand.

"So....you did it. You managed to kill that mutated demon." Said Urokodaki from the other side of the fire.

"Yes. He cannot take anymore lives now...." You trailed off. "I hope that can bring you some peace at last Mister Urokodaki."

"It does....that is the main reason why I was reluctant to send you both to final selection. I-I did not want to lose anyone else to that....thing...." You could hear the slight anger laced in his voice.

"....when we first met two years ago, you told me that I had to make sure I kept my emotions in check. When that thing knocked Tanjiro out, I nearly lost my cool. But then I remembered what you said. You advice saved me from making a mistake that probably would've cost our lives." You smiled a little at him.

"Well....giving advice is one thing. Getting your student to put it into practice is another. But I always knew you would be capable of doing that. You need to give yourself more credit." He replied as you slowly nodded.

"Hopefully now, those pour souls he consumed can rest easy. He must've eaten so many....." You let your head drop as you stared at the mask in your hands. "Sabito....Makomo....."

"Hmmm....I am glad that you both managed to make it back though. Truly impressive...." You could see Mister Urokodaki smiling from underneath his mask.

"Thanks!" Tanjiro cheered and smiled.

"I should let you both know, that there are different kinds of demon. They use the blood demon art to give themselves all kinds of abilities. You will probably have to face some of them in the near future." Urokodaki explained. The thought of a demon giving its self more abilities was very daunting.