Chapter 42: Oiran Warabihime

"Make sure to keep an eye out for anything that seems out of place. Alright?" Uzui said to you, both of you now changed back into your demon slayer uniforms.

"Got it." You nodded.

"If you do by chance run into the demon...do not think about fighting on your own. Find me first, understood?" He raised an eyebrow to make sure he got his point across to you.

"Sure thing Mister Uzui." You nodded again and gave him a little salute before heading out.

The streets around the hotel were absolutely packed with people. It was the middle of the night and you found it incredible that so many people were still out and about at this time.

"Does anyone here sleep at all?" You thought to yourself as your head glided around the area.

Being back in your demon slayer uniform, you had to make sure that you kept yourself relatively hidden in the crowd in case the demon was watching.

You had hidden your sword to the best of your ability and just hoped that no one would notice it.

On your little walk around, you stumbled across another oiran parade. Of course this time it was a different oiran from another house.

"Look! It's the oiran from the kyogoku house!" One man said who was stood near you.

"Isn't she a beauty?" Another man replied to him.

"That's the house Zenitsa is in! This is the oiran?" You thought to yourself, continuing to watch the parade as it got closer.

The two men were right, she was a beautiful woman and you found yourself distracted for a little while, before you shook your head to snap out of it.

"Keep an eye out for demons! Come on Y/N...focus!"

Just as you turned away, you noticed that the oiran seemed to have her eyes on you. You looked around to see if she might've been looking at someone else, but her eyes genuinely seemed fixated on you.

A smirk spread across her face, her eyes half lidded as she winked at you before turning her attention away again.

"The air around her....feels so intimidating...." You were slightly spooked and quickly shrank away, not wanting to remain there any longer.

"Could she.....no way could she be the demon? I'll mention it to everyone when we meet up..." You mumbled to yourself.

~

A little later on after you snuck away from the parade, the oiran who was at the centre of all the attention had returned to her house.

"Is there anything else you need Oiran?" A man asked, a little bead of sweat rolling down his face as he did so.

In this house, everyone respected the oiran mainly because she was so intimidating and harsh with her discipline.

"No not right now. Just some time to myself please." She said turning to the man, giving him a close eyed smile.

" She said turning to the man, giving him a close eyed smile