Chapter 9: Lady Tamayo

"Who?! Where?! Which one is Kibutsuji?!" You caught up to Tanjiro, your eyes darting around in the crowd as you gripped the hilt of your sword.

"That one there!!" You could hear the deep anger that was laced in Tanjiro's voice as he pointed at a man wearing a white suit and hat. You could see his glowing red eyes from where you were.

Before you could even think about moving, you saw him lift his hand and swipe at a man who was passing by with his partner. They immediately fell to the floor, much to the distress of their partner.

"Quick! We need to help them!" You immediately rushed onto the scene just as the man transformed into a demon. He snarled and sank his fangs into the woman's shoulder, a loud scream of pain filled the air as you tackled him off her and pinned him to the floor.

"Grrr!! S-stay down!!!" You used all of your strength to keep him down, which was difficult as he was trashing around quite a bit. "T-Tanjiro! A little help please?" You begged as the boy seemed to be caught in two minds.

He wanted to keep pursuing Kibutsuji, but knew that he could not abandon you. So he jumped in, not without giving a few parting words to the man whom he accused. "I swear I will keep hunting you Kibutsuji!! I will never stop!!! You will pay for what you did!!!"

"C-calm down Tanjiro! I-I need your help over here! Stuff a cloth in his mouth or something!!!" You were beginning to struggle now and were nearly bitten on some occasions.

"Alright, alright what's going on over here?! Step away from him young man!" You looked up to see two police offers approaching.

"N-No please! You don't understand! You have to let us handle this!!" You pleaded with them not to come any closer, but they did not listen.

"I said step away from that man! He could be dangerous!" Still they approached before Tanjiro got in their way.

"P-please! You don't understand! You have to let us deal with this! Yes it is dangerous! We know!" He begged, but the two officers still pushed past him.

"If you do not get off him kid, I will have to use force!" You could see the wooden baton he was holding and almost felt like daring him to try. After all, it would feel like nothing compared to what you had already been through.

Before that could happen though, a strong scent of flowers entered your nose and you looked up to see a strange pattern of flowers surrounding you and shielding you from the now confused policemen.

"What the hell is going on?! Is this a trap?!" You began to panic a little and prepared to reach for your sword.

"Excuse me." A female voice got your attention and you looked up to see a woman wearing a purple coloured kimono. Beside her was a boy with an icy stare, wearing a plain grey shirt. "It seems as if you are having some trouble there. I should like to help."

"Wh-who are you?! W-what is all this?!" You ask regarding the flowers.

"There is no time to explain all that. We need to get this man to a secure place and plus, the woman needs treatment." The woman said, but you were still unsure.

"H-How can we trust you? I know what you are!" Tanjiro butted in. "You're a demon!"

Hearing that almost immediately made you reach for your sword, but the woman held her hands up. "Yes I am. But I am also a doctor. And I also want to destroy Kibutsuji."

You paused after hearing her say that. It made you relax a little as you allowed her to come over and check on the man who had been turned into a demon.

"I shall take them both back to our house. Do not worry, you can trust me. I can tell you are unsure, and you have every right to be." She glanced back at you as you slowly nodded your head.