Two

A/N - did I write this solely because I didn't want y'all to yell at me for making the intro messy as heck? Yes, yes I did. Also I love interacting with y'all so most comments will be replied.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

Am I tired? Yes. Do I not want to go to my classes today? Also yes. Though I have to for the sake of not losing house points. I walked down the halls to Divination with a tired expression on my face. Larrissa didn't take Divination which was sad, but it's fine I guess. I'll have to try to make new friends now.

I emerged from the trapdoor into the room and sat at an empty desk while fiddled with my bracelet. Surprisingly I was pretty early since not many people was in the class yet. To pass time, I started reading the required textbooks for Divination. As time passed, more people started to file in.

Class started and since nobody sat beside me, I was glad to do the class on my own. Okay, spoke too soon. Lavender Brown sat next to me. Professor Trelawney began speaking once it seemed like everyone was in the room.

"Welcome to Divination," Professor Trelawney greeted. "My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending to much into the hustle and bustle of the school clouds my inner eye."

Well that was kind of bonkers. Maybe Larrissa was right about the professor. Although first impressions aren't always the best impression of someone. Nobody said anything after the teacher spoke, which felt kind of weird.

"So you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can only take you so far in this field..." Professor Tralawney told the class.

I sighed and closed the book. What else am I supposed to do if not use books? I guess I might actually fail the class, a very rare thing. Well I had two years of exams in Hogwarts for all of my classes so far, but I passed all the classes with Outstandings! Okay besides History of Magic, but in my defense, the class was so boring.

Professor Trelawney continued. "Many witches and wizards, talented though they are at the area of loud bangs and smells and sudden disappearings, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysterious of the future." Her visually enlarged eyes moved from one face to another. "It is a gift granted to few."

At that point I zoned out. I vaguely remembering hearing the professor saying that Neville Longbottom's grandmother was unwell, which was stupid if you asked me. Unless Professor Trelawney actually saw the future which I doubted. How could she possibly see the future of so many people anyways?

Professor Trelawney turned to Parvati Patil and was like, "By the way dear, beware a red-haired man." That totally freaked the girl out and she inched away from Ron Weasley. I had to hold in my laughter, it felt kind of bitchy but it sounded hilarious to me. That guy Weasley can't do anything dangerous in my opinion, he's not very intelligent.

Professor Trelawney said something about a member leaving forevet I believe? Though at this point I really can't bother to pay attention. She might've been referring to me since I might actually drop out of this class. A very tense silence passed after the professor's predictions, though I didn't even notice.

"I wonder dear," The professor started, looking at Lavender Brown who sat right next to me. "If you could pass me the largest silver teapot?"

The girl looked relieved as she stood up. I could definitely relate to her right now. The teacher kind of scares me at times. Seriously though, she is kind of crazy. Lavender Brown took the teapot from the shelf and set it in front of the professor.