Prologue {Two}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

   So here I was, reading one of my books. Just when I got to the good part, my mother called my name. "Y/n! Come down please." I closed my book before replying. "Coming mum!"

I actually kind of forgot about the fact that I was going to Diagon Alley today. I was supposed to go in the afternoon a long while ago, but something came up and so my parents couldn't take me. The first place I'm going to will definitely be Ollivander's. I'll finally be getting a wand!

Quickly getting a scrap piece of paper, I put it in my book as a temporary bookmark before heading downstairs. "Is dad coming?" I asked. My mother shook her head no. I kind of figured, he has so much work as a part of the ministry. "Okay, let's go." I smiled.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

   We soon reached Diagon Alley, it was so much more cooler than I expected. Though I didn't really have that high of an expectation. The shops here have probably been here for a while. The first thing I had to do was get my robes. My mother had to send some letters so I was on my own. Thankfully she didn't forget to give me some money for the uniform.

Upon entering Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions, my eyes landed on a familiar face. "Larrissa? Is that you?" I asked. Her face lit up as she saw me and I smiled back. "I didn't know you got a letter, you never sent me mail about it!" Larrissa was my best friend, our parents were close during their years at Hogwarts. So naturally we'd become friends one way or another.

"Hey Y/n, how are you these days? Sorry I couldn't send any letters, I've been pretty busy." She apologized. "I'm here to get fitted, what about you?"

"Pretty good. I'm picking up my cloak robes since my parents pre-ordered them. Hopefully they fit well or I'll have to get fitted too." I replied before walking up to the counter. "Hello? Madam Malkin?"

The shop owner soon appeared with a smile. "Hello darling, here to pick up your cloak and robes, correct?"

I smiled back at her. "Yes, Rosewood." I replied. Madam Malkin was very kind, but I wasn't surprised. She soon came back with my robes. I thanked her and handed her the amount for the robes. Before departing, I gave Larrissa a hug.

I saw my mother waiting for me outside the shop. "Mum! Could we go to Ollivander's now?" I asked her. Getting my own wand is something I've wanted for so so long and mother knew that.

"Of course sweetie. Will you be able to go alone? I need to get some stuff from Gringott's." My mother replied.

"Of course!" I told her confidently, but I murmured something under my breath. "That is if I don't get lost around here."

My mother left again. So now I'm on my own. Surprisingly, I navigated the place pretty well and I soon found myself standing in front of the famous Ollivander's. As I walked in, I saw a raven haired boy that was just about to leave. I nodded at him in greeting before walking past him.

"Mr Ollivander, I'm here to get a wand." I tell the elderly looking man. "Erm, from where should I start?"

"The wand chooses its owner." Ollivander replied before taking put a wand and handing it to me to try out. "Cedar with dragon heartstring, try that out."

I took the wand and waved it around, suddenly random sparks started flying everywhere.

He quickly took away the wand and replaced it with a new one in my hands. "Perhaps try this, alder with unicorn hair." This time it barely touched my hands before Ollivander snatched it up.