Prologue {One}

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

I woke up and it was oddly quiet in the house today, not that my house wasn't usually quiet. It's just that there was no sound of my parents cooking breakfast.

I quickly threw on some clothes and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Oh why was I so tired today? I yawned and stretched, mornings are the worst.

Quickly, I rain down the stairs to see what was up, I cannot believe I need to remind them to wake me up every morning again.

My parents were in the kitchen chatting quietly, I saw that my breakfast had already been laid out for me. There was a letter beside it, I guessed that it was probably something my mother just put down for a few moments.

"Honey, read the letter." My father said while he smiled at me. I was really confused at that moment as I never get any letters, but that was when I realized.

I looked at both of my parents. "Did I get accepted at Hogwarts?" I asked, unable to contain my smile. If it was something else I would be disappointed, but they didn't say no so I took that as a yes.

Slowly and carefully, I opened the letter and read the words out loud,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms Rosewood,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

That was quite literally what it said on the first page. I literally could not contain my excitement. A large smile formed on my face, I'll be going to Hogwarts! I continued to the second page.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS

ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,
Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

I looked at my parents, "When are we gonna go shopping?!" I must admit, I might've overreacted, but it wasn't everyday that someone goes to Hogwarts. It's even rarer for a muggle-born.

This is officially the best day of my life. Okay that might not be true because I loved going to Disney World, but what's not to love about that place?

I ate while discussing when to buy my stuff. "You know Y/n, we were thinking to maybe get you a vault at Gringott's for all the inheritance we're leaving you." My father said.

"What do you mean?" I was confused, like really confused. They weren't dying now were they? No, my parents couldn't be dying.

My mother smiled. "Kind of like an allowance but for the rest of your life." She explained. "Not that you won't be making money but it will help you certainly."

Now an eleven year old child couldn't possibly know their future. "Okay?-" I don't even know why my parents were talking about this. I should be at least thirteen for a vault, why do they trust me with money anyways. That was weirdly sudden, like just because I got accepted at Hogwarts doesn't mean that I became an adult and will leave home forever.

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After breakfast, my mother wrote a letter and sent it to Hogwarts using the house owl. We'll be going to Diagon Alley to get my supplies in the afternoon so all I could do now would be to read. No offense to reading, but I've read the same books so many times I might die of boredom. Hopefully there's a library at Hogwarts, but why wouldn't there be one?

I headed upstairs to my room, my slippers making soft thuds on the stairs. I walked down the hall and reached my room before opening the door. Not waiting for a second, I snatched up the library book I borrowed a week ago. I had left it on my nightstand hoping to get to it. Sadly, I kept falling asleep after reading a few pages. It was most definitely not my fault, but I had been more tired these days.

I flopped onto my bed and sat up. I then tried to find the chapter I had left it on. I could really use a bookmark, though I lost mine about two months ago probably when I was fell asleep with it in my hands. I don't know how I could lose something while being asleep, but I did sometimes sleepwalk when I'm too tired.

I finally found the page and started reading. It didn't take long for me to finish a chapter as I was quite a fast reader when I concentrate although I was slowly paying less and less attention these days. I was so lucky when school ended or else I might've failed if there was a next term, but hopefully being at my dream school would help me. I sighed to myself before letting my thoughts and mind get buried into the book as I read.

A/N - I had to publish this to get my motivation started, working on chapter one rn so hopefully I could get part two of the prologue out.