Three

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n's POV

Breakfast is supposedly the most important part of a day. I'd agree to disagree. Dinner is my favorite part of any day actually, I much enjoy savory than sweet dishes. Larrissa was happily chatting away to others as usual and I just sat there eating quietly by myself, well not really since there are people beside me but you get what I meant.

Studying in the library with Ginny yesterday proved to be quite fun actually. She was pretty smart and didn't rely on me to help her with every question, something I really appreciate. I'd actually consider her a friend now, which was not very common for me to admit.

The owls started flying in and I noticed my family owl among the few. She flew towards me and landed on my shoulder. I took the envelope from her beak and fed her some food. "Thank you Rowan." I smiled at the owl before opening the letter

Dear Y/n,

Hello sweetheart, we would just like to inform you that your brother Jax will be transferring from Durmstrang to Hogwarts after winter break. I know that there is still a few months to go until then, but we decided to inform you earlier for you to mentally prepare.

Love,
Mum and Dad

Ugh, not Jax. No you have not heard of him from me before because he is one torturous being. I am not even exaggerating. Once he dyed my favorite shirt hot pink as a prank and the dye never came off. No you are not allowed to tell me that it's just a shirt and that it could be replaced. My late grandmother bought it for me, so it is irreplaceable.

"What does it say?" Larrissa asked. I showed her the letter and her eyes widened in surprise. "Really? Jax is coming to Hogwarts? I thought he loved it there at Durmstrang."

"That's what I thought as well. I was so glad that I didn't have to see his face for most of the summers because he usually hung out at his best friend's house." I said. "And the most annoying thing is that he's older than me by a year! Jax will literally try to embarrass me in front of everyone. This letter will be the reason I stay at Hogwarts for winter break.".

"Cheer up Y/n, he's honestly not that bad." Larrissa said. "Well, at least he wasn't rude to me or anything. If he was, that might change my perspective of him."

I glared at her in rage before taking a breath. "That's because he used to have a crush on you." I told her before shaking her violently. "You have yet to endure his horrific wrath and I hope you never do."

A/N - Well that took a turn-

"I can't understand you. One moment you are like the most quiet and respectful being. The next, you become a fireball of rage. Please just choose a personality and stick with it for the rest of the month." Larrissa sighed before going back to eating.

Okay I'll admit I might have overreacted about my brother coming to Hogwarts, but the thing is, he and I never had the best relationship growing up. Hopefully he matured since last winter break. I looked back at where Rowan was standing and she was gone. I guess I didn't notice that the owls had flown back already.

"Y/n, I couldn't help but notice the very loud way you spoke. Are you okay?" Cho asked as she came over. I shrugged. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this anymore.