04

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You grabbed the bowl of sugar cubes you had made earlier, and set them on the tray. You also grabbed a small ceramic cup the color of the cup was black with gold details, if you could afford that cup you would buy it with no hesitation. But unfortunately you couldn't.

You took the tray off the counter and began to walk around the place corridor, stoping at a set of giant doors with roses engraved into the wood. *Knock* *knock* "come in." You opened the door with one hand before putting both hands on the tray and walking into the room.

Walking into the room you spot prince Koji sitting on his bed looking upset. Prince Koji often wore black which matched his Black hair. He also had heterochromia so he had one black and one blue eye. You thought it was cool but not everyone thought like you, perhaps his heterochromia is why all of his lover's left and he has such a hard love life.

That would make sense because everyone here wants nothing but perfection, and they probably see heterochromia as something not perfect.

You set the tray down on the nightstand next to Princes bed. You carefully grabbed the teacup and handed to the prince who took it gently. "How many sugar cubes would you like master Koji?" "... four" you grabbed four sugar cubes and carefully plopped them into the tea trying not to splash the hot tea everywhere.

Koji takes a small sip of tea, Koji opens his mouth to say something but was interrupted by a knock on the door. "I'll get it" you set the tray on the nightstand bowing to prince Koji before running to his chambers doors.

"Hello, master Koji is trying to rest right now, so how many I help you?" "Ah I see, when master Koji wakes up hand him this letter it's from his father." You gently take the envelope that was handed to you, "I will, thanks." You gave the man a small bow before shutting the door.

"A letter from your father master Koji." You hand Koji his letter before grabbing the tray and taking it back to the kitchen. Prince Koji didn't own a large place but it was still bigger than a village house. You put the sugar cubes back inside the pantry. Grabbing the rest of the dishes on the tray, you began to put them in the sink and wash them. 'I hope master Koji feels better soon, he's been down ever since his fiance cheated on him and left.'

*Crash* you jumped at the sound of porcelain hitting the ground, looking around you noticed that you didn't drop anything. Then it clicked you left the teacup with prince Koji. You walked quickly over to Koji's room, not being able to run because you were in your work gown.

"Prince Koji are you alright!?" You asked once you were in his bedroom. "I'm alright I just dropped... My cup." For some reason Koji looked very upset over a cup. You walked next to him and began to rub his back in a comforting manner with one of your hands.

"It's alright" after awhile of you rubbing his back you walked to the other side of the room and grabbed the broom and dustpan. You swept up all the bits of porcelain and dumped them into the trashcan.

"Prince Koji you should get some rest" you turned his light of before facing him again. "Goodnight Koji." You gave him a small smile before shutting the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wrapped yourself in your coat making sure you had your money. You were heading to the market to buy a new tea set. The tea set that Koji broke was one of the only ones you had in the palace.

You opened the door and were met with the cool breeze of fall. Deciding to make the trip quick, you began to run in the direction of town not noticing someone watching you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koji's always loved how your name rolls off his tongue, even since the first day he met you. When you were first introduced to him by his father, you were so shy and timid he loves seeing you grow out of your shell.

When Koji open the letter earlier he couldn't believe what he read 'dear Koji, if you are unable to keep and find a wife I will have no choice but to fire all your maids and servants. And sell the castle.

In a fit of rage Koji grabbed the teacup you had left for him and smashed it onto the ground. That's when you came into the room and began to comfort him, he felt so relaxed by your touch that he fell asleep.

He woke up to the front door slamming shut. Looking outside Koji got the wrong ideal he thought you were running from him.

Before he could even think properly he ran towards you and tackled you. "Gah" you landed on the ground with a hard thud. Koji's mind spaced out he didn't even notice the words that left his lips. "If you ever try to run again, I'll break your fucking legs."

Word count 872