06

No prompt today I wrote this one for fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Perhaps your parents thought that your birthday party would be boring since they let you plan it this year

Perhaps your parents thought that your birthday party would be boring since they let you plan it this year. Or if they just wanted to spice something up. Whatever the case was here you were sitting at the head of the dining table eating cake while waiting for the entertainment to show up.

"They should be here soon sweetheart don't worry." "I wasn't worried mama, it's just. Why did you hire entertainment for my party?" Your mother looked at you in a way that told you not to ask anymore questions.

Looking away from your mother you filled your mouth with cake as to not say anything else. Suddenly the lights dimed causing all talking to cease. "And that's him!" Your mother seemed suspiciously happy that the performer had arrived perhaps she was tired of you already.

Deciding not to press further on the matter you found your eyes drifting to the stage. The curtains opened and out popped (this Fine ass man. Sorry I'm getting sidetracked.)
A jester he wore a hat that was half black and half blue, his skin looked so pale it looked like it wasn't even makeup at all. His pointy ears which made him look quite adorable in your opinion peaked out from his dull purple hair.

He wore a pale blue turtle neck that looked soft to the touch. That was covered by a pale purple vest, which was covered by a purple and white jacket. on both of his hands he wore black gloves, but one glove had a split of purple on it while the other had a split of blue. His neck was accompanied by a large white bow that had a smaller black bow on it. And on that black bow there was a red broach.

As your eyes drifted upwards you noticed his eyes, his sclera was pitch black while his pupils and Irises were a shade of green. 'how on earth did he manage to get his eyes to look like that?' soon the man's eyes landed on you and the two of you locked eyes. You felt embarrassed from being caught starring so you looked back down at your slice of cake. "Oh dear this jester is quite.... Repulsive." Your mothers voice was in a hushed tone. Though there was something off about the tone in her voice.

"Darling are you sure you hired the right jester?" "Of course I did darling, don't doubt me." Your parents began to quitely bicker back and forth, almost forgetting where they were. You stood up and excused yourself from the table with the excuse of having to go to the bathroom. Rather than going to the bathroom you ran into your room and hurried into your closet closing the door behind you. Your closer wasn't really like a normal closet rather it was a small room with a thin mattress covering the whole floor, you had arranged the mattress just like a bed, with pillows and blankets.

Along the walls were fariy lights, and paintings. On the mattress you had a few books in one of the corners to keep you occupied. Nobody knew about this room but you it was your getaway for when things had begun to get too overwhelming or you were just tired. It also helped that the entrance wasn't that was to find either. The door was quite small, so small that you had to crawl to get in, the door also had the same pattern as your walls so it blended in.

You crawled into the back corner opposite of your books, and curled into a ball. You didn't even notice the tears that left your eyes, why are you crying, it's so stupid. All you wanted this year was for 3 of your friends to come over and eat cake with you that's all. But of course your parents had other ideas, and they constantly argued through everything. Why couldn't you have one day to yourself is that too much to ask.

"Now why is the birthday girl all alone? And crying none the less?" You jolted up and locked eyes with the same green eyes from earlier. How'd he find you here? Glancing at the door you noticed that it was still closed. "Forgive me doll face I forgot to introduce myself to you, the names Takashi pleasure to meet you. Now could I get your name doll face." You looked at the jester now noticing his extremely sharp canine's. "Y/n" you spoke bearly above a whisper he wouldn't have heard you had their been any noise.

"Now we're getting somewhere. Now doll why are you crying, on your birthday nonetheless?" Why where you crying thinking for a moment you remember them. "My parents." You said that statement with such venom in your voice that Takashi jolted in surprise. "Your parents, what did they do." You began to ball your hands into a fist. "They always argue over the smallest things, and never let me make my own decisions it's almost like I have no control over my own life."

The frustrating was clear in your voice. You were too focused on the floor to notice Takashi's frown slowly turn into a grin. "I could help you, only if you'd like me to." "W- what?" You looked up at Takashi pondering on his offer, it wasn't like you had anything to lose. You hesitantly accepted his offer "great, just put the headphones on and I'll be right back." Carefully you grabbed the headphones out of his hands and put them on. You were met with the sound of music it was nice and calming you began to relax and slowly you began to drifted off to sleep.

Perhaps if you never grabbed the headphones you would have heard the screams.

Maybe you even would have been able to escape the man walking up the stairs ready to claim his prize.

Word count 1002