•The Consequences of His Actions•

(*if y'all say something about this man's toes Istg 😭)

~(Y/N)~

One would think waking up to see a guy that constantly talks bad about you would be one hell of a nightmare. However, to the young general, she was more than happy to see someone familiar among these woods.

Then again, the promise he made to meet up with her wasn't fulfill. People say promises are meant to be broken, right? (Y/N) didn't believe in those sort of things. They're ridiculous if you ask her.

"Kunikuzushi..." she muttered with a mix of annoyance and relief.

"Hey, why the long face? Happy to see me after all this time?"

"... Not really." She turned her face away from him and began to get up.

Due to pain in her legs from those annoying fungi she yelped in pain and immediately fell to harsh, cold floor.

"Trying to run away with those injuries? You wouldn't get far- there's also tons of monsters crawling outside." Scaramouche warned.

She ignored him and slowly helped herself up by hanging on to the cave walls. There was no point in talking to someone that breaks their promises.

"It's midnight, I would suggest you come back and wait till daytime." He said in a more serious tone.

Ignoring him once again, (Y/N) looked for a way to remove the rumbles that the harbinger had put out earlier.

Her body was weak, so all she could really managed was a few small rocks. She didn't want to be in same cave as him, just seeing him brought back all those feelings she felt during those hours she waited for him.

It was horrid, she never wanted to feel like that again.

'This is what you get for trusting a Fatui Harbinger.'

Part of her wanted to cry out in pain, both physically and mentally. She wanted to escape, go back to the bright place that she left Aether in.

She wanted to go home.

Being on vacation wasn't as fun as she thought it was going to be. The warm environment in Natlan, the beautiful red sky that etched itself across the land was something she truly missed.

"Damn- you never listen to me do you? On top of that, you've gotten so bold as to ignore me now? Did that traveler teach you some strange things while I was away?" He asked again, standing up from where he was sitting; a hand on his hip.

(Y/N) had slumped herself on the cave's wall, she was still feeble and pathetic inside.

"If you don't wanna talk then that's fine by me. Keep your mouth shut until we get out of here then." He said in annoyance and dragged the girl's body back to where she was resting.

She had no energy to talk to someone like him, his hurtful words only looked down at her frail body. Why did she have to go accepting someone like him?

He was cruel to her before, why couldn't he just continued doing that? Why did he have to go and show her a side of him she's never seen before?

Why?

Why?

Why?

"Why...?" She managed. (*I typed it sm it doesn't look like a word anymore <\3)

(Y/N) looked up at the man that was her supposed fiancée, his expression was that of confusion.

"What do you mean, why?" He asked even more confused.