•The Harsh Truth•

~Scaramouche~

When he arrived back to the lab, he was immediately taken into custody and connected to those tubes. Whatever liquid was inside of them felt weird as they splashed around in his back.

This Grand Sage freak needed him to be chained up so he can properly store all the knowledge of a god into the harbinger's brain. His only plan was to suck up all of Sumeru City's citizen's dreams.

It was a horrible thing to do, but that wasn't a concern of Scaramouche. As long as he can become a god, he can take his revenge... right?

He kept trying to tell himself that working with these Akademiya weirdos and Dottore was the right thing to do. He needed power, but at the same time he just wanted to live.

Something deep inside of him feared that he wouldn't be able to make it out of this specific experiment alive. He began to feel hesitant.

'What if I can't see her again?'

'How would she feel?'

'If I make it out of this alive... I'll marry her instead.'

All those thoughts were swirling around his head as he was just experimented on like a lifeless puppet.

The knowledge going inside of his head was painful, it was so many at once, he didn't know how to handle it properly. These Akademiya scums..

"It seems he's resisting the canned knowledge we took from the people's dreams." The worker in front of a big screen said.

"Still being petty? Not something I would've expected from the Balladeer. What's the matter, puppet? Want to back out already?" A man stepped out of the shadows, his blue locks made way for a triangular mask on his face.

"Dottore.. You bastard-!" Scaramouche spit.

The harbinger hated to see the sights of the man in front of him. The Doctor was a pain in his ass. Always showing up and demanding his presence.

Does he not have better things to do? This old blue haired guy that only lives to see people cry. He's sick. A literal weirdo. Scaramouche hated his guts.

"Now- watch your language in front of the lady." Dottore warned as he pulled a girl out from the shadows.

His grip on her arm was fierce, like he wouldn't let go no matter what. Scaramouche looked at the girl to only find out that it was (Y/N).

His eyes widened in shock as he struggled to find his way to her. He started to panic, he couldn't think straight.

'What is she doing here??'

'Did he hurt her?'

'Dottore, I'm going to rip you to shreds!'

Anger could be seen from Scaramouche's expression as he tried to take the tubes off of his back.

"Grand Sage! The subject is resisting heavily! What should we do?" The one nearest to the screen asked someone behind him.

"Leave him be, he can't get out of those tubes even if he wanted to." The Grand Sage spoke.

Only nodding at his reply, the worker got back to work and strengthened the tubes.

"Kunikuzushi!" (Y/N) called out, trying to reach out to him.

"Oh dear, you're staying put. Not another step before I blow your head off." The Doctor threatened and gave his fiancée a creepy smile.

Enraged at the sight, Scaramouche struggled more as he tried to get away from the chamber he was in.