Words can hurt.

AU: Modern / Insecure Akaza

Note: Thank you to nooneofinportance for your request!

Note #2: Half of this story I came up with on my own cause it would've been too short. ^^

_____________________________________

Earlier that day akaza had been told his criminal tattoos were weird and scary, making him think bad things about himself, later that day he went into the bathroom, him and Douma live together as they are married here.

Akaza quickly took a knife and started cutting his arms where the criminal tattoos were, repeatedly saying bad things about himself, saying he shouldn't exist, he should die and so on.

Douma went looking for akaza, wanting to ask him a question, repeatedly saying, "Kazaaa?" While looking for him. He smelled blood and rushed to the bathroom he smelled it in.

"Kaza? Are you okay?" Said Douma as he knocked on the door. "I'm coming in okay?" Said douma, Akaza quickly rushed to the door and tried to hold it back with all his strength, which was a lot less since he was weak because of his cuts and blood loss. "I-I'm fine douma! You don't need to come in!" Said Akaza weakly, "I smell blood though, I'm still coming in." Douma pushed on the door, trying hard to get through.

Douma finally pushed through the door, making akaza fall on the floor, trembling as he was weak and afraid of what Douma would do when he saw the cuts on his arms. Douma looked down to see akaza, akazas blood spilling on the floor from the cuts.

"What's with the cuts?!" Douma picked up akaza, being careful not to touch the cuts directly. "What made you do this?!" Douma quickly grabbed bandages and wrapped them around akazas wrists. "My tattoos are scary.." Said akaza quietly, frowning. "No they're not!" Douma tied the bandages tightly to stop the bleeding while kissing akazas forehead.

"They make people run away.." Akaza trembled. "Kaza they're what make you unique!" Douma cupped akazas face, looking him straight in the eyes. "I didn't fall in love with you because of your tattoos, but they're not scary." Douma kissed akazas nose, wiping the tears that formed in akazas eyes. 

"People are just jerks kaza, nothing they say is true." Douma rested akazas head on his own chest, rubbing akazas back happily. "I-I believe you Douma.." Akaza hugged Douma back, holding back tears as he thought they were a sign of weakness. "You're more than anything to me, I love you kaza." Douma lifted up akazas chin, smiling at him.

"I love you too.." Akaza rubbed his arms with the bandages, sniffling.

About a day later

Akaza was running far away from the house, having had a little argument with Douma, he was afraid that Douma would do something. "Shit! Why did I argue!" Akaza kept running, not paying attention to anything. Before he could get the chance to think about going back, he suddenly got hit by a car, knocking him unconscious on the street.

Realizing what happened, Douma began running towards where akaza had ran, slowing down when he saw paramedics and an ambulance. He noticed a man with black hair that had been hit, quickly noticing it was akaza he tried to get through the crowd of police officers and people.

"LET ME GET IN THERE! MY HUSBAND IS THAT MAN!" Douma yelled, tearing up as the police officers kept pushing him back. "We're sorry sir, you have to let them do their job." The police man sighed. Douma stopped pushing and just let himself fall to the floor, the emotion in his eyes disappearing as he thought akaza was probably dead.

About a month later

Douma had been waiting in akazas hospital room every day, waiting for him to wake up while having no emotion on his face, thinking he had lost the only person who made him feel emotions. 

Akaza had been in a coma for about a month and hasn't shown any signs of waking up yet, luckily akaza had just been injured badly and not killed. 

Douma had his head laid on akazas hospital bed, waiting for him to wake up when suddenly he felt Akaza move his hand, not really caring since his emotions had left him long ago. 

(Warning: A lot of angst and an unhappy ending ahead)

Akaza finally opened his eyes, looking at Douma next to him. "Ah! Douma!" Akaza quickly crawled closer to doumas head. "Where am I Douma?" Akaza looked around, Douma not responding. "Douma?" Akaza tapped doumas shoulder, Douma didn't move. "Douma?!" Akaza shook Douma a little, doumas eyes looking lifeless. 

"D-Douma?.." Akaza looked at the lifeless Douma, finally starting to cry.

Why and how did Douma die is what you're asking right? Well let's see, Douma didn't eat at all since akaza got hit by that car, he barely drank any water, he was so dehydrated that he died. An unhappy ending for the couple of their dreams.

Akaza hugged Douma, crying his little heart out into doumas shoulders.

__________________________

I had fun writing this story but it almost made me cry tbh :,) 

Words: 885