Chapter 17

(A/N: This is the first chapter of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Elodie wasn't too sure how much time had passed in her world since she'd last seen her siblings, but to her, four years had gone by. And what an adventurous four years it had been. Right now, she was embarking on another adventure with Caspian at her side as they sailed on a ship through the oceans that were the same colour as her eyes. It had been a rather plain voyage so far, Elodie's only fun coming from her daily duels with Caspian on the deck. The men they sailed with, however, stopped betting after the third day when they realised the king would never win and betting on him was a surefire way to lose money.

But, they were quickly supplied with excitement when their sailor in the crows' nest noted some castaways in the water. And boy, would Elodie be interested in those castaways.

Caspian had been the one to dive into the waves along with three other men to retrieve them, the king going for the person closest to him who turned out to be a girl. "It's alright. I've got you," he promised as the girl coughed up water before she turned to the man who had his arms around her.

"Caspian!" the girl exclaimed excitedly as she turned to him, both of them still trying to tread water as he finally saw her face and broke into a wide smile.

"Lucy!"

"Edmund! It's Caspian!" Lucy called, and her brother who'd been trying to swim away along with another blonde boy, stopped.

"It's alright boys. You're safe now," a sailor promised Edmund, meanwhile, the blond boy kept swimming as the other two chased after him.

"We in Narnia?" Edmund asked as Caspian began to swim back towards the large ship they'd seen in the painting before it tried to run them down in the water.

"Yes, you're in Narnia," Caspian assured him.

"I don't want to go! I want to go back to England! I'm going back to England!" begged the small boy as he fought the sailor's grip. Meanwhile, Caspian had positioned himself and Lucy on what looked like a swing.

"Hold on," he advised as they gripped the red ropes before being hoisted out of the water, two men reaching forward with metal hooks to pull them onto the decks.

"That was thrilling," Lucy laughed as she was wrapped in a towel and Caspian was presented with another as he wiped his face.

"How in the world did you end up here?" he asked as he placed his arm around Lucy and led her across the deck.

"I have no idea," Lucy replied before she noticed something. "You've lost your accent," she pointed out and he had to laugh at the young girl.

"Yes, well, with as much time as I spend with your sister, it was bound to go sooner or later."

"Ellie is here?!" Lucy wondered and Caspian nodded as his tunic stuck tight to his muscled chest, his wet hair tucked behind his ears.

"She'll be here somewhere. After all, she did design-"

"Caspian!" called another voice and the king turned as he walked back the way he came, wrapping his towel around the shoulders of the boy who'd called his name.

"Edmund!" he greeted fondly.

"It's great to see you."

"Good to see you," Caspian returned as he walked a sopping-wet Edmund over to where Lucy was waiting.

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy questioned.

"No," he answered. "Not this time."

"Well," Edmund announced. "Whatever the case, I'm just glad to be here."