Roshonda

Today was supposed to be a calm and easy day for Ro. The coffee shop was almost never busy on Tuesdays and normally that meant that she had an easy day.
It wasn't located close enough to the college for students to come and study and wasn't close enough to the center of the city for meetings.
Ro sighed heavily as a group of three men walk into through the door. They were all dressed in smart-looking clothing but the tattoos and heavily pierced faces of the men didn't lead her to believe that they were regular businessmen looking for lunch.
The group sits down at a table in the far corner and they talk for a long moment before One of them comes over to the counter.
"Hi, what can I get you?" Ro asks, faking her normal customer service smile.
The man manages a small smile back, gray hair falling slightly over his eyes, and orders three plain coffees.
Ro shrugs as he walks away and turns quickly making the cups of coffee.
She just finished placing the lids on the cups when the door opens again, and another group of four men dressed similarly to the previous three walked in.
She sighed again as three of them walk to the table next to the other group and one comes over, asking for another set of coffees.
Ro nods and quickly makes all four, bringing them all out to the table at once would mean she wouldn't have to walk out there twice.
As soon as the lids are on the cups she walks out from the counter, all seven cups on a tray.
Two of the men had moved to a third table and looked like they have gotten into a slightly heated argument.
Ro carefully puts the cups down on the tables, trying her best to mind her business.
She quickly leaves, disappearing behind the counter to lay low until the men left.
It was a good plan until the men began to get agitated, looking as if they were about to pull guns on each other.
Ro turns away, washing some dishes as the men get slightly louder behind her.
"Come," She turns, and the man with the gray hair stands on the other side of the counter, waving her urgently out of the prep area of the shop.
"What?" She asks, realizing the commotion behind her was getting more and more heated. She quickly takes his hand, letting him pull her out of the store through the back door.
"What is happening?" She asks, trying to pull her hand out of his in the alley behind the shop.
"I know you don't know me and don't trust me, but for your safety, I need you to trust me," He says, voice low in volume and pitch, his hold on her not loosening at all.
"Why should I trust you?" Ro hisses at him, still struggling slightly.
"The other group in there? Those are the Bullet gang, do you want to know why they are called that?" He asks, eyes hard and serious as he looks at her.
She stops struggling, looking him in the eye as she shakes her head, "Do I want to know why?"
"They use a lot of them," the man says, "They don't miss and they don't like witnesses."
"How do I know you won't kill me instead?" Ro shoots back, the panic in her appearing.
"The boss told me to bring you to a safe house, I won't do anything to harm you, you were just working."
Ro searches the man's face before finally sighing and relenting, "Fine, but if I get fired I'm suing you."
"Let's get to that later," He looks back toward the door of the shop and then turns, running down the alley with Ro in tow.
They made it a few buildings down from the shop when suddenly there was an explosion behind them, a fireball shooting out from the spot where the building had been a moment ago.
Ro stops, looking back as glass flies into the alley. She gets yanked into moving again as the noise from the explosion sets her ears ringing, deafening her from any other sound in the alley. An hour later she is sat in the passenger seat of a fancy-looking car, watching as unfamiliar buildings pass by out the window.
They had been driving for a while now and she had never seen this town, it was a bit rich looking, with large houses on large lawns, and fancy-looking apartment buildings here and there.
Ro's ears were still ringing as the man pulls onto a small road that disappears into some trees.
"Where are we going?" She asks, finally speaking for the first time since the explosion.
He looks over at her as if surprised that she was able to speak, "The safe house is in a house down this road. We are almost there."
She nods, maybe this is what it was like to be in shock.
"What's your name?" He asks as the road begins to wind around trees.
"Roshonda," She says quietly, still looking out the window. The trees were kinda pretty.
"I'm Yoongi," He says offering a small smile in her direction.
Ro nods, "Hi."
"I am truly sorry about what happened, I promise we did everything we could to prevent it from going south."
Ro just nods, not really wanting to argue or even talk about the events of the day. Not before she had finished processing it all.
Yoongi must be able to read her thoughts or body language because he leaves it alone, finishing the rest of the short drive into a basement garage of a pretty yellow house with a brown roof.
Yoongi climbs out of the car, taking the keys with him with a quick glance at Ro, "I'll show you around and you can rest if you want to."
"Okay," Ro follows Yoongi back out of the car, into an elevator (who has an elevator in their house), and then through a hallway into a pretty room. There was a large bed with a pile of pillows, a dresser, and a desk with pretty curtains framing the window.
It felt feminine in a very subtle way and Ro liked it instantly despite being here against her will.
"Is this okay?" Yoongi asks from the doorway, catching her attention again.
"Oh, yeah it's nice," Yoongi nods in response and begins to back out but then stops, "I just want to tell you everything is locked, nobody can get in but you also won't be able to get out."
Ro feels a chill slide down her spine and gives Yoongi a look.
"You can lock this door from the inside if you don't feel safe around me," Yoongi quickly back out of the room, standing in the hallway, "Um, I'll also have some food delivered so dinner will be here around 7 pm."
Ro nods and Yoongi nods back, turning as if to walk back down the hallway.
'Wait," She steps forward and he stops, "Is there other clothes I could use?"
Yoongi pauses for a long moment, clearly, not every single thing had been prepared for.
"I can get you some extra stuff from the emergency closet, sweatpants, and stuff, and I can get someone to deliver some other things if you want to give me a list."
Ro suddenly realizes something else, "How long are we going to be here?"
Yoongi cringes, "I am not sure," He says slowly, "Probably best to order stuff you want for at least a month, operations can take a while sometimes."
Ro sits down on the bed with a heavy sigh, "I'm so going to get fired."
And with that Yoongi disappears down the hallway, leaving Ro to herself for the rest of the afternoon.