Jo

"So Jo!" Her dad says, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as she walks through the door.
Jo narrows her eyes, immediately suspicious, "Hi, dad."
"I met this really cool guy at the center today!" He says, grinning hopefully at her.
"No, dad, I'm not interested," Jo says with a sigh, setting down the grocery bags.
Her dad sighs, wilting slightly, "Fine, I just really think you would like this one."
"You say that at least once a week," Jo shoots back with a smile, and her dad nods.
"I suppose I do! Can you blame me for wanting to find you, someone?"
Now they both laugh, she really couldn't blame him in the end. Besides, maybe he wouldn't have to worry about this too much longer, there was that cute guy at the local Daiso. Jo was pretty sure he was interested in her as well.

Apparently, her dad was a bit more serious about this particular guy because he wouldn't stop talking about him all week long.
Jo had learned that he was apparently very kind, and was one of the best composers that he had ever met. He was also cute in her dad's words.
"Why did you need me to drive you today?" Jo asks, pulling into the parking lot of the recording studio.
"Chris is cute, you don't want to meet him?"
Jo rolls her eyes as she pulls up to the front of the building, "No, thank you, dad."
He huffs but climbs out of the car stopping before he closes the door.
"He's right there, look!"
"Dad, I have to go or I'll be late."
Her dad sighs but nods, closing the car door and letting her drive off.
Later that day, Jo finds herself at Daiso yet again, hoping to see Han. She was in luck, he was there that day. He was there most days but Jo was always happy when she saw him.
He smiled and waved at her as she walked into the store and she waved back smiling to herself as she went straight to the Ramen section.
The store was relatively empty today, so she could probably stay and talk to him for a few minutes.
Han always had the most interesting opinions on things and she liked hearing him talk.
Today was no exception.
Han was his normal kind and humorous self. Jo grinned as she walked back out of the store, today was going so great!
Unfortunately, her bubble burst later that day as she was going home. She was turning a corner and she heard one of the tires pop, the pressure enough to completely stop the car.
She managed to pull the car to the side of the road and carefully climbed out, sighing heavily as she looked at the totally destroyed tire.
It was both a good and bad thing that the road was not a busy one, good so there wasn't a more significant accident, bad because she could possibly be attacked and nobody would know and there weren't many options for help.
She was in the middle of pulling the spare tire out of the trunk when a car pulled up behind hers and a man got out of the driver's seat. Her eyebrows. Shot up when she got a good glimpse of the man walking towards her. He was a very attractive man and that both worried and impressed Jo.
"Hey!" He calls, not getting too close to her. Jo waves to him, slightly skeptical.
"Do you need any help?" He asks, slowly coming closer when she shrugs, he seems pretty harmless despite the size of his biceps.
"Do you really know how to fix a car?" Jo asks, curious about this man she had never seen before.
"Yeah, my dad was actually a mechanic at one point and taught me some stuff," He says with a bright smile.
"Well I think it's just a busted tire," Jo says with a shrug.
"If you want I can fix it for you!" He offers, "I'm Chan by the way!"
"Jo," She says with a smile before gesturing to the spare tire on the ground.
"I like that name, that sounds cool!" Chan moves around the car and quickly starts to work on the tire, shooting Jo a knowing glance after a few moments.
Seeing him in action was somehow making him more attractive than he already was and Jo sighed, Han, popping into her head momentarily before she focused back on the man in front of her.
Chan makes quick work of it, switching out the old rim for the new tire and then standing up with an accomplished smile on his face.
"You should be good until you can get to a shop."
"Thank you so much, Chan, I really appreciate it!"
"Happy to help!" Chan grins, wiping his hands onto his pants, grease appearing on the otherwise pristine jeans.
"I could have given you a towel or something," Jo cringes but Chan just laughs.
"I don't mind, trust me, it was kinda nice to be doing something with a car again."
It's Jo's turn to laugh, "Glad I could help in that case!"
Chan smiles again and then takes a few steps back toward his own car, "I won't keep you."
"Thanks again!" Jo calls, walking toward her own car door and climbing in.
He pulls off before she does, sending her one last wave as he passes by her still parked car.
Jo watches him leave with an amused look on her face, it had been quite an interesting day.

As much as the man had interested her, Jo didn't see him again and wondered about him several times over the next two weeks. Her dad continued to talk about Christopher from his recording studio and she continued to avoid the man, keeping Han and Chan in the back of her mind all the while.
Finally that weekend her dad insisted that she come to the studio picnic, ulterior motives acknowledged and dismissed.
"Fine, I'll go with you," Jo sighs, "Just stop talking about him after I meet him okay?"
"Deal!" Her dad grinned and stuck out his hand to shake hers.

The picnic was at one of the nicer parks in town and by the time Jo parked the car many others had already arrived.
"Ready?" Her dad asks, looking excited to get out of the car.
Jo nods, slightly less enthusiastic to be here until she spots one of the nice secretaries, "Let's do it."
When she walks up to Amber the other girl grins, "Jo!"
"Hey, Amber!" She laughs as Amber gives her a fistbump and introduces her to another girl Jo had caught a glimpse of at the company, her name was Solar and she was apparently a demo goddess.
"I didn't think you would be here today!" Amber says, a question hidden in her words.
"My dad dragged me here, and wants me to meet someone he's been working with recently I guess."
Amber nods, "Makes sense! Well, I'm glad to have seen you again!"
Jo agrees, Amber was one of her favorite people at the studio. They talked for a while longer until Amber got pulled away by someone. Jo smiled as she waved, walked away, and spotted the food table heading that way.
Just as she was lifting a cup of lemonade a voice made her turn in surprise.
"Jo?" It was Chan, and Jo was so surprised to see him that she almost dropped her drink.
"Chan? What are you doing here?"
He smiles, "I'm sorry I scared you, I wasn't sure it was really you."
"That's okay, I was just surprised is all!" She narrows her eyes, why was the mysterious tire man here? "DO you work at the studio?"
"Yes, I do!" He smiles before a confused look crosses his face, "Why are you here?"
"Oh, my dad works there and he dragged me along," She says quickly, knowing she shouldn't really be here.
Chan looks at her for a long moment until he finally asks, "Does your dad play Paino?"
Jo looks up from the table of fruit and nods, "Yeah, he has for a long time."
"Is your name Jo-Gail?" He asks again, half confident and half worried.
Jo nods slowly, "Yes, how did you know that?"
"I think your dad wanted to set us up."
Jo narrows her eyes again, confused, "Your name is Chan?"
"He knows me as Christopher." Chan/Christopher says sheepishly.
Jo's jaw drops as she looks at the man again, startled for the second time in five minutes when her dad suddenly appears at her side with a wicked grin on his face.
"You met Chris then?"
"Chan? Is Christopher?" Jo says, surprised.
Christopher nods, "Yeah, I guess I should pick a name to avoid confusion."
Jo's dad starts talking to him about something, and Jo zones out for a long moment, letting them talk.
When she finally zones back into the conversation Chan is grinning at her and her dad is looking at her expectantly.
"What?" She asks, confused.
"Chris just asked you out," Her dad says nonchalantly.
Jo stares at the man in front of her, thoughts racing but one phrase sticks out in her mind, "Of course, I would love that!"
Her dad starts clapping, ecstatic. Chris looks at her with a smile and then pulls out his phone to get her number, both of them ignoring Jo's dad and his solitary celebration.
"I'll text you later, Cutie," Chan says before walking away from the food table with a grin in her direction.
"You can stop now dad," Jo groans in his direction, "You were right."
"I'm always right!" Her dad crows before walking away as well, leaving Jo with her drink and a new contact in her phone.