nine.

*

eunji approached sunwoo as the school day was over. they were now walking out the door together and he noticed her existence right away. he looked down at her confusingly as usually, he'd be the one approaching her at school.

"so, are you going to explain to me what went on with you in the morning?" she spoke in a low tone without looking up at him. "i'm sorry if it bothered you. it was just something i had to release in the moment." he told her. "the way you think isn't okay." she simply said letting out a breath.

"is it because you don't like me?" he asked as he stuffed his hands in the inside of his front pockets. "even if i did like you, that's not okay. you can't be controlling of who i can talk to." she stated. "how come i can do that for you? i could ignore any other girl because i'd just want to talk to you." he said.

"that's something you can do, which is oddly weird and unbelievable." she scoffed. "plus, we're nothing sunwoo. we're not dating for you to be lashing things out like that towards me. you can't spend your whole senior year trying to get at me and trying to stop me from talking to guys even if it's just simply juyeon. focus on your future."

"what if i wouldn't want to see a future without you?" he suddenly asked. "sunwoo," she tried speaking, but she didn't know how to reply. there was always a certain point where he'd leave her speechless that she couldn't continue on. this guy doesn't give up on trying to make a move any chance he gets.

"i'll see you tomorrow." she sighed and walked away to start heading home. she figured it was time to end the conversation before she gives him a whole lecture all over again.

the next day arrived quickly and eunji sighed to herself in front of the mirror. she didn't have motivation to get ready. she's been dealing with so many things, plus school being stressful enough. today she woke up late, ignoring her alarm that she barely had time to get ready.

she simply did her hair that was always straight, but didn't do any of her makeup. she was not used to going to school without any makeup. everyone always made effort in looking good in school and so did she. she felt off, but she couldn't risk being a second late.

she arrived to school, and luckily had the idea of putting on a black hoodie over her uniform so that way she can have the hood on. she stared at the ground the whole time and ignored anyone who could lay eyes on her at any second.

"what's up with you?" a guy asked as they walked through the gates of the entrance with her. she recognized the voice and heard it was juyeon. "i don't want to talk to you right now." she managed to let out, not daring to look up. "you ignored my calls yesterday. when are you going to finally talk to me then?" he sounded annoyed.

"when you man up." she boldly replied. "did i hear that right?" he asked, obvious of the fact that he did hear her clear. "if you don't want me saying shit to you, then do us both a favor and leave me alone from now on." she added on.

"what's up with the hood?" he ignored her and removed her hoodie. he bent down to get a closer look at her face, "you're having the audacity to talk to me with such a bitchy attitude when you look like that?" he started laughing.

eunji let out a breath and tucked the strands of hairs behind both her ears. she was going to defend herself when she suddenly felt an arm wrap around her and pull her near their shoulder.

"and you have the audacity to speak to someone like her with your childish behavior?" sunwoo spoke out as he glared at juyeon. "aww, the boyfriend arrived to save the day." juyeon clapped to himself. "boyfriend? do you even know what that means? i mean, i would assume you didn't since you wouldn't know how to act like one." sunwoo insulted him before leaving with eunji still beside his shoulder.

as they entered inside the building and stepped to the corner, he unwrapped his arm that was around her and leaned himself against the wall.

"you didn't have to save me back there." she said staring at the ground like before. she still had her hoodie off and sunwoo kept his eyes on her. "you look beautiful without any makeup on." he complimented as he was being truthful with every word that came out.

she stared up at him and sunwoo was prepared for a cold response that he was used to getting. however, the unexpected happened. instead, she smiled after receiving the compliment that he gave, and just like that, he accomplished what he's been wanting to do.
he made her smile.

*