thirteen.

*

eunji was still standing in front of him as he was sitting on her bed. she fixed his hair and laid his bangs above his eyes carefully. it's been three days since she released everything to sunwoo and he immediately believed her after her confession.

"you can do this. i'll even go with you and wait outside your house while you talk to him." reassured eunji as she took a step back. sunwoo kept his eyes up at her with lips pursed into a thin line as he kept overthinking.

he was at her house and he had just opened up about his situation. everything about his brother was informed to eunji. their childhood together and how he was suddenly back and his emotions were all over the place. he was glad he was able to talk it through with her. however, eunji suggested what he was afraid of doing when he would think about.

eunji wanted him to talk to his brother privately since he's been avoiding it. every time he goes home and seokjin is there, he goes straight to his room and doesn't interact with him at all and eunji doesn't think that's healthy for both of them.

eunji bent down in front of him to meet face to face as she placed a hand on his knee, "i'm not telling you to forgive him in the spot when you guys do talk to each other, but both of you obviously need to talk about this. you can't keep pretending he's not there, sunwoo."

he nodded, taking in her words as he was trying to build up courage to do it. after a few long seconds, he stood up which she did quickly too.

"okay, i'm ready." announced sunwoo with a forced smile on his lips. "let's go." eunji said as the two exited her house and walked to his that wasn't too far away. when they reached his house, she stood by where the gate was and promised him that she'd stay here until he finished talking things out.

sunwoo entered his home and immediately saw seokjin in the living room looking like he was about to take a seat. he did anyways since he expected sunwoo just to walk upstairs as usual, but he didn't.

sunwoo went to the living room and sat on the same couch, but not too close next to him. this caught seokjin off guard and made him feel a bit nervous at how his younger brother was finally near him.

"we need to talk." sunwoo started off with a heavy breath releasing. seokjin nodded, "i agree." he cleared his throat and waited for sunwoo to begin.

"i want to start off by apologizing to you because of how rude i came off when you first came and even recently when i continued to ignore your existence. it was wrong and immature of me, but i couldn't help it. i'm still mad and disappointed in you. you were the only thing i had back then, jin."

sunwoo couldn't stare at his older brother's eyes anymore and stared down at his lap, rubbing his knees back and forth as he remembered all the trauma he had to go through when he was alone.

"i understand everything, sunwoo. you have nothing to be sorry for just because you've been avoiding me. i'm taking this opportunity to be the one to apologize to you now. you have every right to stay mad at me, but i hope one day we can get past it because i will be around more often. i won't live here, but i'll live by here. whenever you want to hangout as brothers, we can make that happen. i just don't want to pretend like you or even mom and dad are out of my life like five years ago. i've matured enough to realize that what i did was stupid. leaving you there alone in this toxic house when you were still a kid is something i'm guilty for because i even knew back then that i was the only thing that kept you distracted, but i only thought about myself. i'm truly sorry, sunwoo."

sunwoo bit the inside of his cheeks and his jaw became more clenched as he listened carefully. he didn't want to be weak in front of his older brother as he tried proving otherwise. so to avoid it, he released a huge long breath to feel more calm and relaxed.

"thank you, jin. i'm glad you understand that i can't forgive you right now and i might just need a little bit more time to process it all. though i do hope we can hangout as brothers soon." sunwoo turned to look at him with his head nodding when he spoke.

seokjin thanked him for giving him the chance to talk as well. they even hugged it out after their conversation and sunwoo informed him that he had to leave now.

he shut the front door and saw eunji standing by the gate, using her phone. he approached her quickly and she immediately put her phone away, giving him her attention.

"so, how did it go?"

sunwoo sat criss crossed on the grass in front of eunji. the two took their time walking to the park as sunwoo explained how the talk with his older brother went.

"eunji," he softly called out and looked her straight in the eye. she hummed in response, but regretted as soon as she saw his face change. a smirk was appearing on his lips, and she knew something was coming.

he started picking on the grass and kept the smirk, "you're not okay with losing me." he mocked her words from three days ago when she confessed that she was okay with losing juyeon, but not him.

"why are you bringing that up?" whined eunji as she softly pushed his shoulder from the teasing manner. he softly giggled, "it's cute! even though i've been upset about my brother, i kept thinking about you."

eunji stared back down at the grass to hide a smile that was slowly forming. it was her turn to start picking on the grass.

sunwoo noticed the way she was. she was shy. he couldn't help, but feel like he accomplished something. first the smile and now making her shy. he's slowly getting what he wants which was her to finally like him.

at this point, sunwoo's not even sure if he still likes eunji. he's liked her for past a year already and his feelings for her grew more everyday. now that he's finally been able to hangout with her, talk to her, compliment her, he feels himself fall more head over heels for her. she makes his heart beat faster when she smiles because of him and it makes him feel like maybe his feelings are stronger than the word like.

sunwoo is in love with her.

*