twelve.

*

eunji stared at sunwoo in confusion as he walked past by her like nothing. she was so used to him approaching her whenever he would see her. she had her eyes on him as he walked away. she bit her under lip wondering. she tried shaking it off, maybe he just didn't see her this time?

"seems like lover boy got bored of you." juyeon appeared randomly in front of eunji. she instantly glared up at him, "didn't i tell you to leave me alone?" juyeon put his hand up in defense, "i'm just saying the obvious." said juyeon before walking away. she didn't watch as he left like she watched sunwoo. in fact, she tried finding him again, but he was out of sight officially.

it's been a few hours and it was finally their lunch time. she saw sunwoo coming out of the boys restroom and decided to walk up to him. when she got in front of him, he looked down at the girl confusingly. she raised an eyebrow at him, "why are you ignoring my existence all of a sudden?" she questioned.

"didn't think you needed my attention anymore." he coldly answered, looking everywhere, but at her. "it's not attention i want. i'm simply just used to your company now." she shrugged while speaking. she was shy to say it, but she was trying to be honest.

"my company won't help right now. i'm having a rough week. so, maybe go back to your boyfriend and get his company." he rapidly said before stepping side and walking away from her. it was really hard for sunwoo to do that since truly all he wanted to do was give her his attention.

he was being petty and he knew it. it'll probably go away in a week or so, but she's not the only one that is running through his head. his mind kept trying to process that his own brother is back and he didn't know how to bond with him or to even forgive him. everything was hard for sunwoo at the moment.

"there he is!" eric yelled in excitement as sunwoo approached their table with fake small smile on his face. "he lied about taking a piss and took a shit instead." kevin joked which jacob laughed loudly while sunwoo glared at the two and soon at eric, who started laughing out loud a few seconds later.

eunji frowned when she saw sunwoo leave school alone. he would usually walk up next to her and offer to take her home. she sighed and made her way out alone through the gate.

"hi," someone greeted next to her. she turned and saw a boy that she's seen before, but have not really talk to. "hi?" replied eunji nervously as to what this person may want.

"i'm eric."

"oh! that's right. you're one of sunwoo's friends." she remembered. "yes and that's exactly who we're going to be talking about." he clicked his tongue and winked. "what's there to talk about that refers to sunwoo?" she curiously asked.

eric stared ahead where sunwoo could be seen walking alone. he sighed at the view and looked back at eunji who he kept walking with.

"he likes you a lot." eric told her. "i'm sure you're aware of that." he added. eunji nodded at his words as she knew what he meant. "i don't know if these rumors are true about you and juyeon, but—"

"what about me and juyeon?" her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. eric blinked a few times confused on how she didn't know what he was talking about. "uh, the news of you two fixing things, i don't know? he just said you met up with him and you guys are talking again."

"you're joking." she stared at him with a serious face expression. eric gulped, "is it not true?" he questioned her. "of course not! i'd never fall for him again after what he did. it's true i did meet up with him, but it was to literally cut him off and release all of the shit i wanted to say." explained eunji with a stressed out tone in her voice.

eric bit his under lip feeling bad because he believed the rumors and he immediately told sunwoo. "this is bad." he simply said, letting out a breath from her explanation. "don't tell me that is why sunwoo is mad at me." eunji slightly frowned.

eric just nodded before replying, "yeah." eunji mentally groaned, but simply released a breath trying to not question everything. "i have to fix this." she said before leaving eric behind.

she started speed walking towards the same direction sunwoo was walking and eventually caught up to him while having to run just a little bit to speed herself up.

not a lot of people were around anymore, so she stood in front of him to prevent him from taking another step forward. "we need to talk." she firmly stated, staring up at him.

"i need to head home." he told her with an annoyed face expression. "this might be a bit more important, sunwoo. just give me a few minutes of your time." she clapped her hands together.

he didn't say anything in response, but stare at her. she took that as a yes, so she began to start talking about the reason why she needed his time.

"juyeon and i aren't a thing again, sunwoo. i never gave him a second chance. the news you heard was all false because he lied about it and it was probably because he knew you'd react this way. i could confirm that i did meet up with him at the park and i know you said not to meet up with him anymore, but it actually helped me with like closure in a way. i had the opportunity to turn him down and it was like my goodbye to him. i met up with him for a good reason and i need you to believe me because i'm fine with losing him, but not losing you."

*