New Start?

-au where you've known Soap from a young age-

This evening I was informed that I'd need to be transfered to a new base. A new team altogether. I don't like change, and neither does it like me.

I boarded the helicopter that would transfer me to the new base and waited patiently.
Once we arrived, a man with a distinctive outgrown mustache approached me. He introduced himself as Price, the captain of the Task Force, and took me to a room, which purpose was, I supposed, conferences.

First, I was greeted by my friend Soap and one other muscular guy. He wore a skull mask. Soap was Soap. I've known him since we were kids.

"I'm Ghost. Nice to meet you."
"You know me, Soap! Hope you find your time with us valuable."
"I'm Garrick, but you can call me Gaz. Pleased to meet you."

I shook everyone's hands and smiled nervously. But out οf the corner of my eye, I noticed something big enough to cover me whole. Or, someone?

It only took him 3 steps to reach me and he was standing in the back of the room.
He gave me his hand. But my eyes wandered all over him. His posture, his mask, his eyes. His muscles were clearly visible through a black fitted shirt he was wearing.
I must have been staring for too long, because he shifted his posture and looked down at me, still holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you..." I gulped and looked up to see his smoky, tired eyes.
"Likewise."
I shook his hand.
Soap was giving me dirty looks, like he was making fun of me. Oh God, he can read the room so well. I'm fucked.
I looked back at him with anguish in my eyes.

After a while, everyone left the room and I was left alone. I examined the room to check if anyone was there, but thankfully not. I sighed.

"Thank God there aren't any more people left to meet..."
"Hey! I thought you liked us...!" Soap cried out jokingly.
"Woah, didn't see you there! And yes, I do! But you know..."
"Yeah, your social anxiety, hm?"
"Yep. Can't help it. I feel ashamed making other people feel as if they're not welcomed, but I really can't help it."
"Hey, it's okay. Wanna hear something fun? Me and Ghost scheduled enterti-practice."
"What's that?"
"I thought you could tell from the name...Oh well, I'll tell you, but you need to bring König too.Last room down the corridor on your right. Meet me outside at the court, I'll be with Ghost!"

And before I could even reply he had stormed off.
I headed down the corridor and for some reason, I felt more anxious than usual.
I knock on the door and wait for a response.

"Ja? Who is it?"
"Oh, it's me, y/n, the new recruit-sergeant."

The door opens, only to reveal a tall man.    I get nervous having him tower over me.

"How can I help?" he asks, intrigued in what I have to say, yet avoiding eye contact and fixing his gloves in the meantime.

"I was sent by Soap. He asked me to get you and then head down to the court."
"Err... I'm a little busy with other things right now."

I felt... sad? Disappointed? Like I wanted him to come with me? Perhaps I did. He'd be a nice friend. Maybe he'd give great hugs too.
He noticed my sad expression and immediately accepted.

"But I guess it can wait. Alright, I'll come." he said confidently with a child-like enthusiasm in his eyes.
"Okay, let's go then." my eyes immediately lit up as soon as I heard him say yes. I strode down the corridors with a wave of achievement writhing through me.

"Yo guys! So me and Ghost thought of combining entertainment with hand to hand combat. Since we don't have any urgent or serious missions, we can relax a little. But we can't miss practice, because Price will kick our asses. So, fix your hands up with bandages and let's start!"