Does it hurt to be a little sentimental?

''Guess you really are into men, then?'' I chuckled.

''Like I said none of your business.'' Ghost said, his face hid a hint of embarrassment.

''Alright, but you know, it's not anything to be ashamed of.''

Ghost just looked at me and turned around, heading to his dorm. 

I continued walking to the bench to grab my jacket, while laughing triumphantly. Soap is one hell of a man. I definitely had to talk to him about this the next day.

I reached for my jacket and noticed Ghost's water bottle was still on the bench. I wondered, wouldn't he want it back? So, I grabbed it and set off for his dorm.

After I got there, I knocked on the door. But it was to no avail. It sounded like no one was inside. So, I went to Soap's dorm and knocked on his door. 

''Is Ghost here? He left his water bottle on the bench and I thought to bring it back to him.''

''No man, he was here. But not anymore. Maybe he's gone out on one of those stupid strolls of his. Y'know. To 'think'.''

''Did something happen? You don't seem okay. Did you argue with Ghost?''

''No, I don't want to talk about it now. Maybe later, okay?'' He looked at me, almost teary-eyed.

''Alright, man. Come find me when you feel like it.'' I said reassuringly.

He closed his door and I left. On the way to my room, I saw Ghost in the corner of my eye. It seemed like he was on a stroll, after all. I approached him.

''Hey. All good? Sorry if we had a rough start. I know you didn't like me that much.''

''Everything's fine. Go away.''

''No, nothing's fine. Tell me, what's wrong?''

''Look, here. Say anything to the others and you'll be dead by tomorrow. I don't usually open up to people. So, be very wary of your surroundings if you snitch.

Johnny and I had a fight.''

''About what?''

''About... my feelings? I guess you could put it that way.'' Ghost looked down, avoiding eye contact, which is quite unusual for him to do so.

''I don't know what I feel for him. Is it love? Hatred for myself? Worry? On the one hand, he makes me happy. But, on the other hand... I'm worried about losing him. I don't know what I want.''

''We've all been there. But for now, I think it's best you figure out your emotions. For starters, let's put you through a simple test. Would you let Johnny kiss you?''

''I, erm, maybe. I don't know.''

''Listen to what your emotions say, not your brain, don't think logically. Just emotionally. Do you love him?'' 

''Fuck. Yeah. I would.''

''Alright, then he's definitely not a friend. And, what's stopping you? Go find him. Talk to him. He's hurt.''

''Shit. That's one thing I intended to avoid.''

I  glared at him and pointed to Soap's dorm. 

'' Go.''

I made my way towards my dorm and knocked on the door, cautiously, asking if anyone was inside. It was 11.23 anyway, so I expected König to be inside. 

And indeed, he was. He was sitting on the couch waiting for me, manspreading.

''Had a nice chat with Ghost?'' he sounded jealous.

''We talked about something important. Don't be jealous.''

''I, I'm not jealous. Just worried.''

''Mhm, sure.''

König stood up and pinned me to the wall. Eyes staring at his feet, avoiding eye contact, his gaze flustered. 

I was taken aback by his action, but still, remained calm. 

We sat there, König's eyes now fixed onto my eyes. He sat there for about 2 minutes. 

''I'll be honest with you. Yes, I am jealous. And I don't like that.''

I just stared at him, shocked. 

''Okay.... um, sorry I made you feel that way?''

''No, um, look. You're not catching on. I'm jealous.''

''Yeah, I know.''

So many thoughts crossed my mind at that moment, intrusive and corruptive.  Some risky and some suggestive. But for once, I let my body act on enstinct.

So I did what any irresponsible person would do.

I lifted up his sniper veil, it now laying just above his nose, but last minute, I regretted it and pulled away.