The Calm before the Storm

After the party,as tired as they were,the Lyon's decided to have dinner.Cookie pitched the idea after seeing how much food was leftover.

It was 10pm and all the kids were passed out,except for Bella,who was kinda rebellious and always tried to stay up passed her bedtime.

"Let me take her."

Hakeem picked Bella up bridal style.Lifting her weight off of Storm,who's lap she was sleeping on,even though she said she wasn't tired.

"Okay,wait"Storm stood and kissed Bella's foreheadd.Earning her a forehead kiss from Hakeem.
"I'll be back."

Storm spent the entire afternoon with Bella and Prince.Answering their questions,asking some of her own,nothing too serious though.It was fair to say that the kids were pretty fond of her.Prince even told her that she was pretty.

And for Hakeem that was the real win cause Prince was usually closed off infront of strangers.

Hakeem met Tiana at the top of the stairs and she accompanied him to their daughter's room.They put her to bed,taking turns to kiss her goodnight before stepping out.

"Thanks,I-"

Tiana cut him off with a kiss,and Hakeem immediately pulled back.

"What are you doing?"
"Come on Keem, its just us."

Tiana kissed him again,cupping his face,to keep him from pulling back.But Hakeem pushed her away from him.So aggressively  that she almost hit her back against Bella's door.

"What's wrong with you?"
"Are you turning me down?"Tiana asked in anger and disbelief.
"I got a wife now."
"So?That never seemed to bother you when Maya was upstairs and we were banging on the piano."

Hakeem scoffed not believing that Tiana just said that to him.

"So what's the problem now?What,are you in love with her?"

Hakeem stayed quiet and just looked at her.After a few seconds,Tiana started chuckling.

"Okay"She stopped chuckling."You're pathetic."

Tiana bumped his shoulder ,hard, with her own before walking away.She went downstairs,into the living room where everyone  was laughing at something Storm said.They stopped when Tiana cleared her throat.

"Are you gonna eat standing up?"Lucious still had a smile on his face."Sit down."

Tiana glared at Storm,making her nostrils flare.Then looked back at Lucious who frowned because he noticed.

"I think I'm gonna head out."
"For real?"Jamal asked.
"Yeah,I have super early rehearsal tomorrow."
"Okay,I'll walk you out."

As soon as Jamal got up and led Tiana to the entrance,Hakeem appeared,and quietly took a seat next to Storm.Kissing her cheek once he was seated.

Despite his affectionate action,Storm noticed somewhat of a frown on his face.She was about to ask him what was wrong when Jamal re-entered the room.

"Alright guys,lets dig in."
"Nobody's diggin' into nothing,until we say grace.I swear after all these years."Cookie shook her head.

The family held hands as Cookie led the prayer.Once she was done everyone repeated amen after her.

"So,son"Hakeem looked at Lucious."Diamond was just telling us about how y'all got together."
"Yeah apparently it's been quite some time little bro."Andre cut his meat.
"Six weeks is barely anything."Storm shrugged.
"I beg to differ.This might be Hakeem's best kept secret."
"No but seriously Keem...you asked her to be your girlfriend in your office?"Jamal judged more than asked.

When Hakeem didn't speak up,Storm decided to.

"Well I think it was sweet."She kissed Hakeem's cheek,making Lucious awe.
"Now this is what I like to see."Lucious smiled."After all the trashy girls he's attracted his whole life."

The Lyon family agreed with Lucious statement in different ways.Cookie and Jamal nodded whereas Andre hummed.

Cookie looked up from her plate,eyes landing on Hakeem who was just pushing his food around with his fork.

"What's wrong?You don't like the food?"Everyone looked at Hakeem."You just being a spoilt brat?"Hakeem glared at Cookie."Or are you mute,now?Huh,which one is it?"
"Will it ever be too much for you to leave me the hell alone?"
"Hakeem."Storm warned,shocked that Hakeem spoke to his mother in that way.

"Ok,everybody just calm down.Cookie."

Cookie just rolled her eyes at Lucious statement.

"So Diamond,we know that you're from Queens-"
"Born and raised."Storm said proudly.
"But where do you come from?Your roots?"

Storm put her hand on Hakeem's thigh,when she noticed him tapping his foot.Something he did when he was pissed.

"Well where do I begin?"

Lucious chuckled.

"My mom is from detroit-"
"Oh."
"But her mom is from Mexico."
"So that's where the spice in your music comes from."Lucious said.
"Yes,abuela fled from Mexico at 15.She met my grandfather,but he died when my mom was just a baby."
"Was he Mexican?"Andre asked
"No he was from Detroit.And that's my maternal side of things.Now, my dad is Korean."

Everyone ,except Hakeem,raised their eyebrows in shock.

"Mhm.His parents gave him up for adoption.Unfortunetly no one adopted him,and when he turned 18 he was kicked out of the orphanage.He found his way to America,specifically Philly."

Cookie noticed Lucious tense up.

"He met my mom,moved her to Queens,they had me and 14 years later he got deported."
"Oh,I'm sorry Storm."Jamal sated sympathetically.
"Nah,its cool.I used to keep close contact with him,but one day he stopped calling.Don't know why."

"Diamond"Lucious cleared his throat"I hope I'm not overstepping but what do your parents do for a living?"
"My mom is a nurse at an old folks home in Queens.And last I heard my dad runs a small label in Seoul."

Lucious nodded,and continued eating his food as Andre and Jamal kept the conversation going.
.
.
.
.
"Travel safely."
"Will do."

Storm and Jamal embraced eachother,as she waited for Hakeem,so they could go home.

"Okay,baby let's go,bye Mal."
"Tch,asshole."

Hakeem sucked his teeth as Jamal walked away.He was about to open the door,when Storm stopped him by grabbing his hand,making him face her.Then she held his other hand.

"Whats wrong?What happened?"
"Nothing."
"Oh,really?Is that why you were acting strange at dinner?"
"I didn't say nothin'"Hakeem defended
"Exactly."

Hakeem just sighed.

"I'm good.Just tired thats all."
"You sure?"
"Yeah"Hakeem kissed her cheek."Come on lets go."
.
.
.
.
Cookie walked into the kitchen,and found Lucious on his laptop,in the dark.

"Lucious what are you doing?"
"Nothing baby.Go back to bed."
"Uh uh,everytime you say nothing,it means its something."

Cookie sat down,opposite Lucious.

"Plus we said no more secrets,so..."
Lucious sighed."Do you remember Trig?"

Cookie thought for a minute then furrowed her eyebrows when she remembered who he was talking about.

"What made you think of him."
"The dinner with Diamond
When she mentioned Philly and her father-"
"Lucious,he died.Come on,he wasn't the only Korean man,to have ever been to Philly."
"Yes,but I've always thought that Diamond looked kinda familiar."
"So you actually think that she's the daughter of a man we saw die right infront of us?Lucious please,stop being paranoid.Its making you sound crazy."