Roar

Man it's crazy in the friendzone.

Hakeem's synthetic voice was heard under the instrumental that filled the studio.Becoming less audible as Jamal moved a knob,on the mixing table,down.

"So...what do you think?"Storm smiled."It's a lil' rough,I know but it's fire right?"

"Storm..."Jamal said looking down."this is one of the best songs I've ever heard."He smiled."Certainly better than anything I've ever written."
Storm shook her head."No,Mama was iconic."
"Nah,take your roses when you get 'em.I didn't even hear anything I need to correct.Your notes-everything was on beat and on point.I mean once we get to producing..."Jamal dapped his sister-in-law up."Set?"

All heads turned to Set,who had her arms folded the entire time,something she did when attentively listening.

"Set?"Storm called out.
"Sorry."Set snapped out of her thoughts."...Girrlll."
Storm's smile grew even wider."Girrlll."
"That is what I'm talking about."

She laughed as they did their gang's handshake.Which is a pinkie lock that transitions into a fist bump.

"Why you ain't been singing like that all these days?"
Storm shrugged."I guess I wasn't feeling it."
"Well you definetly felt it in that track.I don't think I've ever heard your singing sound so genuine."
"And that's important in this industry."Jamal pointed out,and Set nodded.

"Thanks guys."
"Ofcourse."Jamal nodded.
"Honestly,we just need to touch up on some ad-libs and Hakeem's verse."
"Eyy."Hakeem spoke up."It was a freestyle."
"I can tell."

As Jamal chuckled,Hakeem mildly glared at Set,sucking his teeth.

"Whatever.With your Animè character lookin' ass."
"Okay."Jamal wrapped his arm around his brother's neck and began walking to the door."We'll see you guys in a bit."
"Wait,my kiss."Hakeem looked back.
Jamal groaned."Ugh,you won't die."

Storm and Set watched them leave the studio.

"Don't listen to him."Storm turned to her."You look amazing."
Set scoffed."I know."

She began walking,Storm following behind.

"I mean...is there a colour I can't pull off?"
Storm shook her head and held the door open."No there is not."
"There you have it."

Walking down the hallway,the ladies made sure to greet everyone they passed

Walking down the hallway,the ladies made sure to greet everyone they passed.They got to the elevator,but as it opened Storm's felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

"Uh Set,I need to take this."
"You're kidding right?"Set held her hand near the censor to keep the doors from closing."We're already late.Everyone's waiting for us."
"It'll be quick."

Set rolled her eyes and the elevator doors closed.Storm looked down at the facetime request from:💣ᴛʀɪɴᴋᴇᴛᴛ

She moved away from the elevator,not wanting to block the way and accepted.