Loyalty and Honour

~1 month later~

Carrying a tray,Storm smiled at the group of stylists that waved her way as they entered the elevator she came out of.

She made the short journey to Hakeem's office door.The petit woman with pony-tailed dreads looked up from her computer.

"Storm,"She beamed as got up from her desk.
"Hey Tanya."Storm smiled back."How's the baby?"

She watched Tanya shrug and make her way to opening the door.

Storm smiled."What?"
"He looks just like his daddy."Tanya rolled her eyes.

Storm laughed as Tanya shook her head with pierced lips.

"After that tiring and long-ass pregnancy and delivery?"

"On the bright side...atleast Tariq has no problem in the looks department."

"Whatever."Tanya opened the door."I'll send you photos."

Storm nodded quickly."Please."

She was about to go in but quickly stepped back,when a man with grey hair and a navy blue suit almost bumped into her,as he took his leave.

"My apologies."He held her in place by her arms,to keep the tray from falling.
"Oh hey Thirsty."
He lowered his head in a quick bow."Stormy Weather."

She chuckled.

"I can't stay any longer,I have a meeting on the other side of town.But I left all the documentation with Young Simba,so he'll just run you through it."

She nodded.Then he leaned in.

"If you don't understand,just call me."He whispered in her ear.

Hakeem wasn't really known as the smartest of the Lyon bunch.

Hakeem focuses on Empire's sound and image.Jamal brings that sound to life and scouts talent that'll fit that image.Andre deals more with the business and legal part of the company.

Thirsty closed the door behind her.Paying no mind to the filled glasses of champagne on the tray,Storm immediately rushed to Hakeem.

He was sprawled on the black velvet couch in the centre of his office.His hand covering his eyes.One of his legs dangling.

"Keem?"She put the tray down on the glass coffee table.

He peaked through his fingers.Storm was hovering above him with a concerned expression.

"Sup babe."Hakeem faked a smile and sat up.Storm taking the opportunity to sit next to him without hesitation.

"What's this?"He motioned to the tray with two champagne glasses and bowls of refreshing fruit.

"I just wanted to spoil my handsome hard-working hot husband."Storm flipped her wavy hair.

Hakeem chuckled and kissed her hand,that he grabbed immediately when she sat down.

"Thank you."He leaned forward and put a grape in his mouth."My sexy smart wife."

Storm's smile fell as she focused on Hakeem's side profile.The corners of his lips raised at an attempt of a fake smile.That not even a little piece of her could believe.

She cleared her throat."I haven't seen you since you got back."
Hakeem downed the champagne."I landed late last night and I didn't wanna disturb you so I just crashed here."

Storm nodded.

Hakeem's office was like a mini modern home.When he took it over from Andre he made drastic changes.Letting everybody know that the time of switching CEO's left and right was a thing of the past.And he was there to stay.

He had a bathroom and walk-in closet installed.He wanted a bedroom but changed his mind last minute;not wanting to get too comfortable at work.

But somehow the mini basketball court made the cut.

"And..."She scooted closer and tightened her grip on his hand."How was it?"

Hakeem shrugged,his smile still spread on his face."Turks is always fun."He looked down."Your new nails are fresh as hell.Belinda do 'em?"

"Hakeem."

"Yes baby?"He looked up.Meeting her eyes.

"Please don't do this."Hakeem looked down."Please talk to me."She gently lifted his chin."Please."

Hakeem sighed and sat back.His thumb running over her knuckles.

"There's honestly not much to say.I mean,I worked somethin' out for Poundcake to there.Ma was there for the both of us.You shoulda seen Pound.Freedom had her actin' like a lil kid."

Hakeem's breathy chuckle made Storm smile.

"But we went to the beach,and the plan was for her to do it,but...she let me spill the ashes."He smirked."Crazy right?"

"No."She shook her head."It makes sense for her husband to spill her ashes."

Hakeem scoffed."I wasn't no husband."

Storm's heart,spirit and soul shattered at her husband's words.

"Don't say that."
"It's the truth tho.She did everything for me and...I used everything I could to hurt her.And the worst part?I didn't even get to apologize."

He looked off to the side and swallowed hard.

"I think that's why I've kept her ashes here "He looked around his office."for so long.So I could give the respect I should've when she was still here.I mean,I wouldn't be CEO if it wasn't for her ya know?"

Storm nodded a tear running down her cheek.Hakeem smiled when he saw this and softly used his thumb to wipe it away.

"C'mere."He oped his arms."I'm good so don't cry."Storm sniffed followed by a laugh.

She sat back and let Hakeem's arms engulf her form.With her arms wrapped around his waist,she rested against his chest.The beat of his heart transporting her into euphoria.

"So,how's the album coming?"Hakeem broke the silence.

Storm sat up,and flipped her hair."Okay,I need you to remember how much you love me. "

He raised an eyebrow.

"We...only really have three full songs.And I'm not even sure I like two of 'em."

"So y'all ain't made no progress in the last two weeks I was gone?"

"Technically no.But I've been in the studio.Alot.Recording,producing and trying to write-"

"Babe"Hakeem sat forward,elbows on knees."the deadline for your complete album is in a few months.And we're supposed to shoot the video for your single in a few weeks."

"I know.But you know I can't work under pressure."

"Yeah.But thanks to my dad's big mouth you have to."Storm rolled her eyes."I'm sorry."He said,hoping that would make her feel better.

"It's good.And I think a little time away from the studio will get me focused.That's why I can't wait for tonight."She stood up and checked her phone."Speaking of,let me go and get ready."

Storm grabbed the white envelope on the table,and threw a grape into her mouth.

"Ugh,my stylists just dropped some options for that.But I don't think I'm going."

Storm's face fell."What do you mean?This is one of the biggest openings New York has ever seen."

Hakeem shrugged."It's just another hotel.Ain't we got like a million of those here?"

Storm bitterly chuckle."I'm not about to do this with you Hakeem.We're going.Point,period."

"That hotel got bad taste anyway.They ain't hire an Empire artist to perform at their wack-ass opening."

"Ah."Storm nodded."That's what this is about.You don't wanna go cause of Tiana."

"Obviously.Look...T and I aren't really cool right now."

"But it's not about that Keem.It's about supporting the mother of your kids for your kids."Storm watched as he sighed."We're going."