Meet the family(2)

"Okay,let me just grab it."

Hakeem yelled down the hallway,before opening the door to a room with purple walls.

After mentioning that he wanted to see his girl's childhood neighborhood,Storm and Barbie suggested taking Hakeem around the block,for a little tour.

As they were getting ready to leave,Storm remembered that she had a yo-yo in her room.One she always played with,when just walking around the neighborhood as a kid.So it only felt right for her to have it.And Hakeem offered to go and take it for her.He also wanted to see her room.

"Okay,baby."Hakeem smilled as he looked at the poster of Pamela Anderson on the wall,behind the door."I see you."

Then he looked around,walking slowly,as he tried to take the room in.There were stars on the ceiling,ones that probably glowed in the dark.A vintage dollhouse,that had books shoved in it,in the corner.And there were tons of pictures on her nightstands,table and dresser.

Hakeem took two of the framed photos and went to sit on the fluffy purple bed that had fairy lights hung around the posts,in the centre of the room.

Hakeem smiled softly at the first.Which was a picture of a young Storm smiling the biggest he had ever seen,in what looked like a hospital room,holding a pink blanket,that had had baby swaddled inside of it.

Then he covered it,by placing the second one over it.

Hakeem's smile remained as he looked down at a 14-year old Storm,sitting on the hood of a car,in shorts.But his smile fell as he moved his gaze to the teen boy,who also sat on the hood of the car,with his arms around Storm.

Hakeem stood up and put the photos back,and walked over to her dresser.

"She said the...second drawer on the left."He mumbled as he tried to match her words to the dresser.

He opened the drawer of pens,stickers,markers,and glitter bottles.Taking the yo-yo once he spotted it.But the yo-yo was attached to something.

A dark pink notebook,customized with stickers and drawings on the cover,that had a picture of the teenage boy in the car photo.

The first page was filled with different fonts and colours,but the writting was the same...

"Mrs.Storm Vàsquez."Hakeem whispered as he read.

"Hey,Hakeem"Hakeem instantly dropped the book into the drawer and closed it,as Barbie poked her head into the room."You coming,or..."
"Yeah.Let's go,I got it."

Hakeem opened the door fully,and stepped out.Barbie noticed his tense posterior.

"You good?"
Hakeem nodded."Yup."
.
.
.
.
"See that stop sign?"Storm pointed ahead.And Hakeem followed with his eyes.
He nodded."Mhm?"
"Set crashed her father's car into it."
"Word?"
Storm smiled."Yep.It was after a late night underground party that we were not supposed to be at.Remember Bie?"

Hakeem turned his head,to look at Barbie.Storm was walking in the middle,Hakeem to her right and Batbie to her left.Her and Hakeem holding hands.

"Remember?How could I forget?That's the night I fell in love."

Hakeem raised his eyebrows in shock.

"With who?Mr.James?"
"Hell yeah.He looked so fine.And you remember how him and his deep voice were assertive with her."
"Wait."Hakeem stopped Barbie."Mr.James is Set's father?"
"Yes sir."Barbie confirmed."Set's fine ash father.Whoo,did that man do things to me."
"That's why Set dosen't like you."Storm said."And I've been telling you this for years."