pt.19

Vance's Pov:

"Vance!" A voice called, I jumped swearing under my breath. God damnit. I had tried so hard to avoid Robin and Finney but here comes Billy walking down the hallway with some kid who looks younger than us. "Griffin shut your trap!" I snapped at him, he put his hands up defensively. "Who we hiding from?" He whispered. I glared at him but he was used to it, the other boy on the other hand looked at me with fear.

"Welp anyways!" Billy declared pulling the younger boy into a side hug. "This is griffin, griffin this is vance" Billy introduced us. "I know who Vance is" the griffin boy nodded. "Yeah what rumor did you hear about me?" I smirked, knowing how twisted the rumors get.

Griffin gave me a confused look, tilting his head to the side. "What rumors?" He asked, I wondered if he was being serious. "I'm in your 4th hour, I watched you threaten that kid" griffin said, his eyes widening while he talked. I laughed finding that time funny. "I didn't know you were in our grade?" I said, looking at billy instead of griffin.

"Yeah griffin's just a little tiny kid" billy laughed ruffling griffins hair. "I'm not!" Griffin defended, swating Billy's hand away.

I jumped when I saw Finney coming down the hallway, Robin and Bruce right on his tail. I could tell they noticed me with the way Finney and Robin's head perked up and Bruce's head shyly lowered. "Sorry billy i gotta go" I said urgently turning around to leave. "Bye Griffin" I said to the young boy who waved. "Wait but vance-!" I couldn't hear the rest of what billy said one I had rushed out of there.

Bathrooms.

I instantly turned into the nearest bathroom, going to the stall and locking the door.

It was silent for a long time before I heard footsteps walk into the bathroom. "Vance get your ass out here now!" I heard a voice snap. Robin. Fuck.

I sighed opening the bathroom door and stepping out, Robin glared at me but neither Finney nor Bruce was in here. "Robin I don't want to talk about this right now" I started to speak. "Bruce is crying you idiot" Robin said flatly, looking at me angrily. "I get you still have things to figure out about yourself and so does Bruce but you two idiots are hurting each other!"

Robin spoke like my mom did. "I didn't know he was crying" I whispered slowly. "Come on then" Robin snapped at me. "He's in the library so no one has to see" I followed Robin out of the bathrooms and down the the library. And like Robin had said, behind the bookshelf's was Finney comforting Bruce. I should be doing that.

"Bruce?" I asked softly, his attention snapped up to me and I saw his heartbroken eyes, it made me feel weak. Finney stopped hugging Bruce and stepped aside to give us some room.

"I'm sorry Bruce" I told him as he tried wiping his tears away. "I'm sorry too" Bruce sniffled. "I didn't mean to upset you" he told me, I nodded slowly. "It wasn't you that upset me" I explained to him. I felt really awkward saying this. "Its uh, y'know. How I felt around you" Bruce looked at me confused. I could tell my face was probably red. "Vance I think I'm scared of how I feel too" Bruce told me.

We're both scared.

But if what? What's there to fear? What's in our way. There isn't an exuse, even though we tried so hard to make so many excuses.

We can't keep running from each other. That's not how love works

They are forgiving each other 😭
Word count: 630