chapter 1

I just finished eating lunch and went to sit along the shore of the beach. My sister, Tsireya, came up to me and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was just thinking of Eywa. I was about to say something until I heard a horn blow.

I looked at Tsireya and she looked back with excitement on her face. It meant there would be new guests coming. We haven't had guests in at least 5 years. It was rare for people to come to Awa'atlu from different places.

I called my ilu, Ionia, and dove into the water, going onto her back. After I reached like small area people were gathered up on, I went off my ilu and went to the area. I was observing from behind and saw that the people were different color from us. They had dark blue skin color, bright yellowish orange eyes, and thin arms and tails.

I saw the Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina clan also my father Tonowari arrive to the island from his hunting. My father greeted the strange guy who appeared to be the father of the darker skinned kids. "I see you" and more "I see you"'s were heard.

"Why are you here Toruk Makto?" my father questioned him. "I am here to seek shelter for my family" he replied back looking at his kids and wife. "I see, why do you seek shelter?" my dad asked. "To protect my family from danger" he said back.

I was already getting tired of hearing part of their conversation. I stare at the kids and observe them. I then heard Aonung and his friend Rotxo bullying the newcomers. I noticed and then hissed at them "Stop making fun of them, your embarrassing me" I said harshly. "But look at them. They are freaks" Rotxo said to me while smirking.

"I will give you a scolding if you do not listen to me and will report you to your parents" I threatened. Rotxo looked at me scared and with pleading eyes. He knew that his parents would give hin a beating if they heard he was making fun of someone.

"Alright fine. Just don't tell my parents" He whispered. I smirked while nodding my head. I then observe the newcomers again until my eyes laid on him. Him. He was perfect even if I couldn't see him clearly. I scanned his features until I realized he was scanning mines.

Tsireya noticed the interaction and nudged me while slowly smirking. "I see what is going on sister. Do not think that I don't see it as well. It is very obvious" She said while looking between me and him back and forth. "Oh shut up, I see you looking at the younger guy over there. Don't think I am blind as well" I said with a smirk slowly turning into a smile.

She started blushing while I just looked at him, mesmerizing his lovely, perfect, beautiful features. My father cleared his throat after Ronal and the newcomers wife were hissing and snarling at each other. Tonowari looked at Ronal with eyes telling her to calm down.

My mother did not want the newcomers to stay. She looked at my father with disagreeing eyes telling him to not let them stay. But my dad looked at Toruk Makto while saying "My son Aonung and my daughters Y/N and Tsireya will show you where you guys will be staying".

Toruk Makto let out a relieved sigh and thanked him for letting them stay. My brother was definitely against this and said "But father"- before he was cut off by our dad. "No excuses, you will be guiding and helping them through their staying".

—————————————

We went on the trails that leaded to Marui's. The youngest child of the newcomers whose name was Tuk, was bouncing up and down on the nets. I couldn't blame her, the nets were really bouncing and fun to play with. After some time walking around we made it to a large Marui that could probably fit 5-6 people inside.

"This will be your new home. It is called a Marui. Please welcome yourself and make yourself at home. If you need anything I'll be at the shore at the front of the island" I said. "Wait, what do we do after we unpack and settle in" he asked. "You can meet my dad in the center of the island where he usually is" I replied back with a smile.

He thanked me and left to help his wife which name was Neytiri unpack. I went to the shore and founded Tsireya laying on the beach playing with the shells and rocks. I thought to myself, "Strange.. she rarely lays on the beach by herself" while looking at her with a confused face.

"Why are you laying all here by yourself Reya" I questioned. "I am waiting for someone to come" She said, not looking at me in the eyes and playing with the shells and rocks. "Oh, it must be Lo'ak" I said to her with a smirk suddenly appearing on my face. She immediately got flustered and giggled. Reya replied with a maybe.

Aonung suddenly popped up and started running his mouth "Tsireya, you better not be catching feelings for that freak" He said in a serious tone. I slapped the back of his head harshly and glared at him. "Call them freaks again and I will tell mom and dad this" I said angrily.

He looked at me shocked. I never acted like this about newcomers or whenever he made fun of someone. I would usually just laugh and give him a warning but this time I was really serious.

—————————

omgg, this was my first time ever writing a story (besides my 2 other books on my other acc)
its almost 10 pm and my hands hurt from typing 😭😭
im probably gonna make chapter 2 n 3 after i upload this one
anyways i hope u guys enjoyed the story!!
please please please vote the chapter 🤧🙏
i love you babi's 🙇‍♀️